Updates from Washington Elementary - Friday, September 6
Mr. Russell, Principal - 414.773.1805
Mrs. Schram, Administrative Assistant - 414.773.1805
Mrs. Hill-Gordon - Educational Assistant - 414.773.1806
Attendance Line - 414.773.1802
Washington Dine Out - Tonight
Washington Dine Out - 9/6/19 @ YoMama
Make sure to mention Washington at checkout
We had an excellent first week of school and I hope your child(ren) enjoyed themselves as well. The first days of school are always filled with much anticipation and excitement for students, families and staff. I hope that your child(ren) shared some positive feelings about their time at school this week.
I'd like to again welcome back all of our returning Washington families, as well as, welcome all new families to our community. In addition, please help me welcome some new staff to Washington:
Lynn Greenberg - Interventionist
Sam Loeck - Art
Alex Lindstrom - Special Ed
Becky Thompson - Orchestra
NEW! Infinite Campus
As a reminder, if you need to make a change to your families demographic information (phone/address/email address change, etc) you can now request those changes around the clock, online. Please reference the Infinite Campus email you received earlier this summer for account set-up. If you need assistance, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org Here is the link on how you can check, and update, your information once you have an account setup. https://bit.ly/2K9c404
Welcome back Washington Families. We look forward to another fun filled year. Please take the time to visit the follow links to join the PTA and get involved. We are looking for people to help with all the Washington Events.
Give the gift of volunteering....
Volunteer Link- https://forms.gle/c9mJMLK7hXj8gFUy6
Purchase Spirit wear- https://squareup.com/store/washington-elementary-pta-4
Friday September 6th- First Washington Elementary Dine Out at Yo Mama. Treat those students for a great first week of school. Make sure to mention Washington Elementary at check out.
Thursday September 19th- First PTA Meeting 6pm. Join us for the meeting and a social afterwards at Bel Air.
Friday September 27th - Save the date for the first school event of the year: Olympic Game Night 6-8p (Click on flyer for more information)
Click here for the 2019-20 Washington Events Calendar
Also for your reference, the 2019-20 Wauwatosa School District calendar is available here.
Stay in the loop! Join the Washington Facebook Group
- Post school-related questions and pictures
- Receive helpful links to school info
- Connect names with faces
Please take note:
- 67th Street is ONE way SOUTHBOUND during drop-off and pick-up. Between 7:00-8:30am and 2:00-3:30pm traffic is only allowed to move southbound.
- Thank you ahead of time for being considerate to our neighbors on 67th and all around our building by NOT blocking driveways nor turning around in driveways. 67th street is extremely busy in the morning and at dismissal so your continued efforts at being patient and follow the posted rules help keep everyone safe.
- There is a handicap parking sign posted on the north end of the cutout on 67th Street. Cars, buses and daycare vans should avoid this area at all times. Thank you for your cooperation.
- 68th street - please follow posted rules. There are only a few 15min spots, otherwise there is NO parking on 68th street.
Please review the link, Safe Routes to School: School Map, for some important reminders to help improve the safety of students and others around Washington School.
Thanks for your cooperation!
Right At School Before/After School Program, JK Wrap Around Care
Registration is open for JK wrap-around program and before and after-school care offered at each Wauwatosa School District elementary school through our provider, Right At School.
How to register for the Right At School programs:
- Head to www.rightatschool.org
- Click on “Find a Program” at the top of the page
- Enter your zip code
- Register at the school your child attends
- Select the program(s) of your choice (JK Wrap, Early Adventures – before-school care, or The Right Club – after-school care)
Additionally, here is a list of helpful parent FAQs regarding the Right At School programs.
If you have any additional questions or if you need help while registering for the Right At School programs, please contact the number for Right At School that is listed on each of the flyers.
When: Mon. afternoons, Tues. afternoons or Wed. mornings
What: Help Mrs. Pankratz check in and shelve books while she recovers from surgery
Why: Help the school community
Who: Please email Mrs. Pankratz if you can help:
email@example.com or call: 773-1878