2020-2021 September 27, 2020
From The Principal
In Person Learning Families (Including families changing to In Person on Tuesday, October 13th)
Start Time 6:30 PM
End Time 7:15 PM
Remote Learning Families
Start Time 7:20 PM
End Time 8:05 PM
- Zoom Webinar
- Meeting ID and Password will be communicated by homeroom teacher
- Teacher will send reminders regarding changing screen name to your child's name
- Session will be recorded for parents unable to attend virtually or have children in both 5th and 6th grade
- Each Learning Community Teacher will present to the attendees
- Questions can be shared via chat to the meeting host and will be answered at a later time
Wishing you a wonderful and healthy weekend,
Monday, October 5th
- Virtual Parent Information Night
- 6:30 - 7:15 PM In Person Families (including families joining at second grading period)
- 7:20 - 8:05 PM Remote Families
Tuesday, October 6th
- Collins Spirit Night Grub Burger (Research Forest)
Thursday, October 8th
- End of the First Grading Period
Friday, October 9th
- Teacher Staff Development Day - Student Holiday
Monday, October 12th
- Student/Staff Holiday
Tuesday, October 13th
- First Day of Second Grading Period
Friday, October 16th
- First Grading Period Report Cards available in Parent Access
Thursday, October 22nd
- Tentative Date for Student Yearbook pictures for Remote and Virtual (date subject to change)
Tuesday, November 3rd
- Teacher Staff Development Day - Student Holiday
Times To Remember...
- 8:50 AM—4:00 PM
- Students may enter the building by 7:35 AM (Please enter 5th grade side door)
- 5th Lunch A: 11:15 AM - 11:45 AM
- 5th Lunch B: 11:45 AM- 12:15 PM
- 6th Lunch C: 12:25 PM. - 12:55 PM
- 6th Lunch D: 12:55 PM - 1:25 PM
- 8:00 AM—4:30 PM
- 3:15 PM Calls to change transportation will end
- 3:20 PM Early check out of students will end
- 3:20 PM Cones for car rider dismissal will be set - cars for early pick up will not fit in front parking area
- 3:30 PM First Flight (10 cars) will move forward to cones
- 4:00 PM Flights 1 - 4 will be dismissed to wait at Car Cones
- Dismissed after car dismissal begins; 1. Bikers 2. More Car Flights 3. Neighborhood walkers (parents should not be parked in neighborhoods to pick up children - please use YMCA parking lot) 4. YMCA walkers (crossing guard provided for students)
Collins Intermediate Celebrates
Some of you may have experienced some changes in your financial situation due to the current Pandemic. Please make sure to complete the assistance form so we can assist you as needed.
If you are in need of assistance for lunch for your child, please complete the link below.
Friends of Collins
PTO is excited to launch our fundraiser, Friends of Collins!
September 25 thru November 1
This is the only fundraising the PTO will do this fall. We are not asking you to sell anything but only asking families to donate if they are able. We have some fun incentives available whether your student is in person or remote. Our fundraising goals are for each student to have a school Chromebook available to use & for math enrichment programs. You can donate on Membership Toolkit under Store.
Please contact email@example.com with any questions.
Yearbook Photo Request
~Calling All Cobras~
~We Need your Photos~
~Due Date October 9th~
The Yearbook Committee is looking for two different types of photos:
- A picture of your child holding an 8 x 10 piece of white paper with One of the following letters filling up the space - C, O, B, R, A, S (with or without mask)
- A picture of your child with their pet(s)…could include them near their new work environment as well!
*Please submit photos to: Collinsptoyearbook@gmail.com
~Thank you, Your Collins Yearbook Committee
*Please note, there is no guarantee that all pictures submitted will be published!
Upon arrival at the front of the school, students will utilize our side doors to access the 5th or 6th grade hallways. Beginning at 8:40 AM, these side doors will be shut, and all students will then use the center/front doors to enter the building. A student is tardy if they are not in the classroom by the 8:50 AM bell.
Have you wondered who are the amazing Collins staff members who come by each afternoon to scan your barcode for car line?
Mrs. Szalmasagi, Collins Instructional Coach, and Mrs. McCure, Collins 6th grade counselor, vest up each and every day with a smile in their heart and under their mask to scan our cars. Rain or shine they bring joy and positivity to an important yet intense job each afternoon.
We can't thank them enough for what they do each and every day.
We are doing a great job of keeping the scanned cars in line with little to no interruptions from cars moving into the line that were never scanned. If you observe an un-scanned car in front or behind you, please let one of the staff members on the porch know. This will help the flight dismissal move much more safely and quickly.
How will the Classroom, Lunch, Bathroom, BAMO/PE, Library, Recess areas work when we return to school... Click Here!
Items to bring, Clinic, Screening, Masks, Visitors, Checking In/Out, Deliveries, and Dismissal (Biker, Car, Walker, Bus)
Nurse Kendall Update
Parents, thank you so much for screening your student for symptoms of Covid every day before sending to school. Please continue to do so and notify the clinic if you are keeping your child home with any of the following symptoms: fever; loss of taste or smell; repeated vomiting, diarrhea or abdominal pain; chills, body aches, sore throat, fatigue; nasal congestion or runny nose; severe headache; cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing. If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to call the clinic - 281-298-3809.
At Home Learning Calendar
Needing help turning in an image, audio, or video file for a Canvas assignment? Here are three helpful videos, depending on the device your student uses:
Phone or Tablet: https://youtu.be/G_SQNwjWbfA
Laptop, Desktop, Chromebook: https://youtu.be/HX9_FIBbmI4
There are many other helpful videos on the Technology Coach’s website: GottaSecTech.com
Conroe ISD Technology Help Desk
Are You Following Us?
Collins Twitter Account
Collins Facebook Account
The Conroe Independent School District (District) as an equal opportunity educational provider and employer does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, or disability in educational programs or activities that it operates or in employment matters. The District is required by Title VI and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, as amended, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act, as well as Board policy not to discriminate in such a manner. For information about Title IX rights or Section 504/ADA rights, contact the Title IX Coordinator or the Section 504/ADA coordinator at 3205 W. Davis, Conroe, TX 77304; (936) 709-7752.