Updated January 12, 2023
Tuesday, Jan. 17th, 5:30pm
351 Pleasant Lake Avenue
- Approve the Minutes From November 15, 2022
- Tour of Cape Cod Regional Technical High School
- Threat Assessment Training
- Winter Sports Update
- Fields/Concession Stand Update
- Middle School Tours Update
- The Collection
- SkillsUSA Update
- Parent Concerns or Interests
- Other Topics
Senior Photos - Last Call 1/31/23
Year book picture information for seniors: This was sent out in the fall and was due in November. However, we have re-opened the portal and are accepting photos until the end of January.
Senior pictures are due by January 31, 2023. Late pictures are defined as any picture turned in after 5:00 pm, January 31, 2023. For seniors who do not submit a yearbook photo, their school picture will be included, if appropriate.
The goal of the Cape Cod Regional Tech Yearbook is to have the student’s face as the focus of the picture as well as to keep a similarity amongst the senior portraits. Therefore, we would appreciate your support of the following requirements for senior pictures to be included in the senior portrait section of the Yearbook.
Please submit one color .jpg file picture that follows each guideline listed:
- resolution must be 300 dpi (ppi) or greater
- image size 2.5 inches wide by 3.5 inches tall
- jpg file photo must be uploaded through the following link:
- Then enter school code: capecodtech
- Confirm you want to continue
- Enter your contact information
- Then make sure you upload through "Portrait"
- Then the follow directions
- indoor or outdoor shot keep the background plain, the focus should be on the student not the background
- no sepia or other coloring effects
- crisp shot – no “fuzzy/out of focus” shots
- head and shoulders shot preferred
- street clothes - no costumes (which includes but not limited to) cap and gown or sport/band uniforms.
- drapes are acceptable but the entire side of the shoulder- starting at the absolute top of the curve of the shoulder-should be covered as well as no exposed cleavage and not low cut (should not fall below underarm line in front and should not fall below top of shoulder blade in back)
- no off-the-shoulder, “spaghetti” strap, tank, tube, low cut (falls below underarm line), one strap, backless, halter or see through tops
- poses that show the back of the subject - the back must be covered from top of shoulder blade down
- no hats or other head coverings
- modest makeup is allowed
- no exposed tattoos
- minimal jewelry and hair accessories are allowed but must not detract focus away from the face
- no props and/or miscellaneous objects
- no others included in shot
- standing pose only – no leaning
- no text and/or graphics on clothing and no stamped text on picture such as name or year of graduation.
- no watermarks
- student’s appearance must also meet CCT student dress code:
It is CCT’s responsibility to assure that student attire does not interfere with the health or safety of any student and contributes to a positive and productive learning environment for all.
- Clothing which features offensive and/or vulgar words, pictures or drawings or phrases of a sexual nature or that have derogatory language regarding a person’s ethnic background, origin, religious beliefs, sexual orientation or disability is not permitted.
- Clothing which represents any group, gang, organization which advocates violence is not permitted.
- Clothing which features alcohol, tobacco/ nicotine, marijuana, weapons, legal or illegal drugs is not permitted.
- Student clothing must include outdoor footwear, tops and bottoms. Clothing that reveals undergarments is not permitted (i.e.tube top and bra/bra-let alone are not allowed).
Shops have the right to establish footwear, dress, uniform, hair and jewelry standards as prescribed by written policy. Failure to follow shop or school dress code may result in disciplinary action and may result in a student being removed from shop due to safety concerns.
Typical consequences for a violation of this policy include parent/guardian contact or conference and the directive to cover, change, or remove the non complying attire.... The Assistant Principal or their designee should notify a student’s parent/guardian of the school’s response to violations of the student dress code policy.
Decisions for inclusion will be limited to the Yearbook Adviser, and Principal.
Students may choose any photography studio to have their pictures taken. It is the responsibility of the student and/or parent/guardian to make sure that the picture submitted meets all of our requirements in order to be included in the senior portrait section.
The Yearbook staff members and adviser are not responsible for any photo edits that may be needed on submitted pictures in order to meet stated rules for acceptance. The staff and adviser reserve the right to crop pictures for space and content.
Good afternoon everyone,
As the weather gets colder, students will need to be prepared. I want to remind everyone that technical areas do work outside, so students need to have proper attire for these conditions.
If your student made the honor roll, we will be honoring your student after the New Year on (Tentative Date January 17h and 18th) with our Honors Breakfast. Parents/Guardians are invited to join their students at Cape Cod Tech as we honor their achievements on the selected date. In order to provide the most flexibility and accommodate parents with multiple honor roll students at Cape Cod Tech, we will be holding the breakfasts based on the last name. Students with last name A-K will attend on January 17th and students will last names L-Z will attend on January 18th. If you have 2 or more honor roll students with different last names, we will honor all students on the same day for your convenience. Please call x2000 to arrange.
Parents, we use SchoolBrains for our Student Recordkeeping. This system allows parents to review up-to-date grading, attendance, and other information that will help you support your student. If you do not have access, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
I have included a calendar for you so that you can prepare for upcoming events and evenings, just click the link below.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at: email@example.com or at (508)432-4500 ext 2000.
- January 3: School Reopens
- January 13: Tri 2 Maroon Mid-Term
- January 16: NO SCHOOL Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- January 17 and 18: Honors Breakfasts
- January 17: Family Forum 5:30pm
- January 20: Tri 2 Gray Mid-Term
- January 26: SkillsUSA MRE Challenge
Winter Delays and Cancellations
In case of inclement weather this winter that may lead to a delay or closure, you will receive a phone call by the Superintendent when a decision is made. You can also check our website, Facebook, Twitter, text message, app and local tv or radio stations for updates as well.
Martin Luther King Jr. Day: Monday, January 16th
This month we honor Martin Luther King Jr.. On Monday, January 16th school is closed as we observe his birthday. (The actual date of his birth is Jan. 15th.) As we remember and honor his legacy, we should recall his teachings as they may help guide us in this new year. For 2023, I would like to share an MLK Jr quote that encourages all of us to do our best. It was in a 1967 speech to junior high school students, but it is a life lesson for all.
Be a bush if you can’t be a tree. If you can’t be a highway, just be a trail. If you can’t be a sun, be a star. For it isn’t by size that you win or fail. Be the best of whatever you are.
2023 Raise in Minimum Wage
Attention students: As of January 1, 2023, the minimum wage will increase to $15.00 an hour. If you are working, please make sure that you are receiving your state-mandated increase.
For more information click here: https://www.mass.gov/info-details/massachusetts-law-about-minimum-wage
Cape Destinations Job Opportunity
Cape Destination is your home to school transportation company, it is a pleasure to transport your students.
There has been a ongoing critical shortage of school bus drivers on the Cape and across the country as well. Cape Destinations is recruiting folks that would be interested in learning how to drive school buses.
I have worked in this industry on the Cape as a driver, manager and recruiter for the past six years. I learned that some of our best drivers, who enjoy the experience the most, are parents and relatives of students.
We offer paid CDL training to guide you through the certification process and completive pay rates. If you would like to find out more information for yourself or someone you know, I would be pleased to speak with you.
Happy New Year from Cape Destinations.
Jim Gursha - (508) 432-3400
The late bus is available for all student-athletes and students participating in after-school activities. Students who do not participate in activities will be denied late bus access. Students that stay after school will require a bus pass from their teacher/coach in order to take the late bus home.
THE CAPE COD TECH AFTER SCHOOL LATE BUS RUNS THE "SPINE" OF CAPE COD STOPPING AT PUBLIC AREAS CLOSE TO EXITS OR PUBLIC SHOPPING AREAS.
UPPER CAPE - WEST BOUND LATE BUS
EXIT 78 (OLD EXT 9) STOP & SHOP-(Dennis)-down the main driveway, turn left into parking lot
EXIT 75 (OLD EXT 8) STOP & SHOP-(Yarmouth)-at far end past PACKAGE STORE
EXIT 72 (OLD EXT 7) WILLOW ST-CAPE FOOD MARKET-on left (the old 7/11)
RT 132 STAPLES/OCEAN STATE JOB LOT(Hyannis)-middle of plaza
EXIT 68 (OLD EXT 6) & RT 132 BURGER KING-in the front parking lot
RT 149 CASH’S MARKET-(Marstons Mills)-105 Cotuit Rd at the Stop Sign
RT 28 STOP & SHOP-(Marstons Mills)-by the Gazebo on Plaza Rd to Stop Sign
RT 28 AT MAIN ST-(Cotuit)
MASHPEE COMMONS STOP & SHOP-take Great Neck Rd from Rotary, left into plaza, quick left along-side building right turn to the front corner at Bus Stop Sign.
ANDY’S MARKET ON RT 151-425 Nathan Ellis Highway, pull into right side of market
LOWER CAPE-EAST BOUND LATE BUS
BREWSTER-Ferretti’s Market-501 Underpass Rd
CHATHAM-CVS Chatham on Main St
ORLEANS-Shaw’s Supermarket at Skaket Corners-at the RTA Bus Stop Sign in front
EASTHAM-opposite of the Superette by the Fire Station
WELLFLEET-Dunkin Donuts on left on Rt 6, by the RTA Bus Stop Sign
TRURO-Truro Yoga-2 Noons Drive in N.Truro-just past the police/fire station
PROVINCETOWN-Stop & Shop on Shank Painter Rd
The state expects a 95% rate for student attendance. We want to achieve a higher rate for the year. We can do this, but students need to come to school everyday. Over the last two years our attendance policy has been more lenient than in the past. This year we will be re-instituting the policy to the fullest extent. Our expectation is that you will follow future employer's expectations. Remember, your boss will expect you at work everyday, and so will your co-workers. Build healthy habits now. Come to school because we want you here!
If a student is not present in the class/ shop at the time attendance is taken in the morning, they will be marked tardy and will have to report to the main office for a tardy pass. Accumulation of excess tardies as defined in the student handbook will result in disciplinary action. Being on time is an employability skill. Cape Cod Tech not only trains students in skills specific to their technical area but CCT also teaches professionalism and employability skills to the standards of the industries in which they represent.
Please see below a quick link to our attendance policy as well as other important information about attendance.