For the Week of May 23, 2022
1. Masks are now voluntary. There will still be masks available for those that choose to wear them. All sanitation procedures will still be in place.
2. Attendance is taken every class period. Parents, you will receive a phone call if your child has not arrived by 8:40 am.
3. The school day is from 8:30 am to 3:45 pm on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays. On Wednesdays the school day is from 8:30 am to 3:00 pm.
4. *Reminder: once a student misses any class for 29 or more hours he/she will non-credit the class. Attendance is vital for a student's success.
- After school tutoring is available on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays from 4-6 pm.
- Noon tutoring is available every day during lunch.
- Saturday Academies will be available every Saturday until the end of the year.
- May 23rd—Review for Finals
- May 24th—Finals for periods 1-4
- May 25th—Drug & Alcohol Program at Johnny Bird Center—Grades 7-12 9:00 am-11:30 am--note change in date
- May 25th—Early dismissal at 1:10 pm
- May 26th—Finals for periods 5-7
- May 26th and 27th---make up days
- May 27th—Graduation practice at 9:30 am (no seniors will be in class this day
- May 27th--All seniors must be eligible to walk at graduation by 4 pm (by policy)
- May 29th--Graduation at 2 pm in the HS Gym
NOTE: There are Saturday Academies scheduled every Saturday until the end of the year.
Clarification on Attendance Policy
According to the handbook, high school students cannot miss more than 28 hours per class period each semester. Absences due to any reason--excused, unexcused, medical, etc. count towards the 28 hours. Once a student has missed over the 28, the class is considered a non-credit and the student will be placed in credit recovery for the rest of that semester for the hours non-credited. If a student non-credits every class period, they will be dropped for the semester and given alternative learning materials. The student must wait until the beginning of the next semester to return to school.
Additionally, students cannot have over 7 absences in any class period to be eligible for sports and/or activities. Students must make up those hours during tutoring sessions and/or Saturday Academies.
Finally, all hours must be made up down to 7 hours in every class at the end of each semester, or the student will non-credit the course for the semester.
Attendance in school is very important for student success. We recommend that students be in school as much as possible and for parents/guardians to login to PS and be aware of their child's grades and attendance to avoid issues such as non-crediting.
If you have any questions about the attendance policy, please contact the high school administration team.
Notifications on the School App
If you are unable to open any notifications on the quick screen of the school app, please note that they all get posted on the Live Feed on the app and school website.