Wright Elementary Monthly News
Read our newest format of the school Newsletter via email, ParentSquare, on our Facebook page, or on our school website!
Follow us on Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/WrightElementaryOfficial
Follow us on Instagram. https://www.instagram.com/wrightelementaryofficial/
Follow us on our school website. https://wright.salkeiz.k12.or.us/
Download the free ParentSquare App on your phone. ParentSquare - Apps on Google Play
Check your email inbox. Update your email in ParentVUE if it's not accurate.
A MESSAGE FROM PRINCIPAL COYLE
We've made it to May! The number of weeks left in this school year are quickly dwindling, yet we have so much excitement ahead. Our 4th and 5th graders have been working so hard to produce a musical which will be performed this morning, and we have several classes attending field trips. May also marks National Teacher Appreciation Week, which we celebrate as Staff Appreciation Week (May 8th-12th). I think we can all agree that the Wright staff is a phenomenal group of adults who work so hard every day to educate and nurture the students in our care. Please join me in expressing high levels of gratitude and admiration for everyone that works at Wright!
As the weather changes and we see more sunny days, we can't help but feel the anticipation of summer ahead. Let’s finish strong!
May 1st - May 30th: Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month
May 1st - May 30th: National Military Appreciation Month
Monday, May 1st: National School Principals' Day
Table of Plenty Food Drive starts (see details below)
Friday, May 5th: NO SCHOOL for students - regular office hours
School Lunch Hero Day
Cinco De Mayo
Monday, May 8th - Friday, May 14th: Staff Appreciation Week at Wright
Wednesday, May 10th: National School Nurse Day
Saturday, May 13th: Salem Kids Relay
Sunday, May 14th: Mother's Day
Monday, May 15th: PTC Meeting in library at 6:15p
Tuesday, May 16th: 4th/5th Grade Musical at 6:30p
Wednesday, May 17th: 4th/5th Grade Musical at 6:30p
Saturday, May 20th: School Beautification Day 11a-3p (keep an eye out for details coming soon for this community event)
Monday, May 22nd: Choir Festival 7p
Tuesday, May 23rd: Future Falcon Night 5p-6p (see details below)
Monday, May 29th: Memorial Day NO SCHOOL
The full updated academic calendar, including a breakdown of key dates for parents and guardians, is available on our district website.
It is very important that parents keep their contact information current.
Be sure to let our school office know if you have a new address, email or phone number.
The parent or guardian marked as the primary contact in the student information system will receive automated communication.
Messages will also be sent to the student’s home phone number contained in the database, if different from the primary contact phone number.
Please click the link below for more information:
- Student school hours are 7:50am-2:20pm on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday.
- Every Wednesday during the school year will be a one hour late start. School hours on Wednesdays are 8:50am-2:20pm.
- Doors open Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday at 7:30am for students to access breakfast and 7:40am to begin entering their classrooms. Wednesdays are one hour later.
- Please do not park in the bike lane, block intersections, OR neighboring households driveways when picking up or dropping off your student. This is illegal and creates an unsafe environment for children and families.
- Please do not drop your student's off in the bus lane or at the parking lot entrance in front of the school. This is a safety precaution and will be strictly enforced. Also, please make sure your student has safely exited your vehicle and is on the sidewalk before starting to drive away.
- If your student will be absent for any reason, please call our Absence Reporting Line at (503) 399-5503 24 hours a day/7 days a week and leave a detailed message that includes student name, ID number, diagnosis, symptoms and date symptoms started.
Salem-Keizer Public Schools often take photos or video of school activities or events in which students are featured. These photos or videotapes are frequently used as promotional items for the school district. If you do not want your child photographed or videotaped while at school, please send a written notice to our school office as soon as possible. If there is no written notice on file, the school will assume it has the right to photograph or videotape your child AND post to social media.
ASIAN AMERICAN AND PACIFIC ISLANDER HERITAGE MONTH
For more information click on this link: https://www.asianpacificheritage.gov/
Is your student sick? Please do not send them to school. More guidance about serious illnesses, medication and other health conditions/concerns has been provided HERE.
If your student has a contagious illness and will be out, please be sure to include this information when you excuse the absence on the all-day attendance line at 503-399-5503. Please be sure to include student name, ID number, diagnosis, symptoms and date symptoms started.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT HEADLICE
THROUGH THE GRAPEVINE
Click here for more information: https://salkeiz.k12.or.us/about-us/through-the-grapevine/
BREAKFAST AND LUNCH MONTHLY MENU
For the 2022-23 school year, breakfast and lunch will be provided free of charge for all Salem-Keizer students.
Click the link for a monthly breakfast and lunch menu: https://salkeiz.k12.or.us/parents/food-services/