Jaguar News - April 2016
Jackson Elementary Parent Newsletter
From The Principal's Desk
Thank you to everyone who was able to complete the parent satisfaction survey from Gallup last month. The feedback we received is invaluable and will help us set goals for growth and improvement as we strive to meet the needs of every student.
Teacher Appreciation Day is coming in early May. The JPTO will be partnering with administration to help honor our amazing staff at Jackson. Keep an eye out for emails from school explaining some simple and meaingful ways you can help us coordinate our efforts to recognize the efforts of our teachers. Thank you for your help!
- Tuesday, April 12th - JPTO Meeting - All parents are invited to attend and hear about the great ways the JPTO is supporting our students and how to get involved! Free childcare during the meeting is available. Contact Stephanie Olson to coordinate childcare at 414-467-6342 prior to the meeting.
- Tuesday, April 12th - Box Top Collection Day
- Thursday, April 14th - State Severe Weather Drill - State-wide all schools, including Jackson will go through a tornado drill at 1pm.
- Friday, April 15th - Hoops Night at the Jackson Community Center - See Jackson students take on the Jackson staff in a series of basketball scrimmages! The event begins at 6pm at the Jackson Community Center.
- Thursday April 21st - McTeacher Night - Join the Jackson staff at the Jackson McDonald's. Our staff will be working the counters from 4:00-7:00. McDonald's donates a large percentage of all proceeds that evening to Jackson Elementary. Bring the whole family for a fun evening at McDonald's!
- Friday, April 29th - School-wide Community Service Project - Our entire student body will participate in an effort to beautify the area around Jackson Elementary as well as numerous parks in the area.
- May 2nd - 6th - Spring Book Fair
- Friday, May 6th - Spring Music Concert - The spring concert will be at Jackson Elementary throughout the day on May 6th. See below for the times for each classroom's performance.
Spring Music Concert
The spring music concert will be Friday, May 6th in the Jackson Elementary gym. As in past years, the concert allows for cross-grade level performances as well as performances by our famous Jackson Jinglers performance group. There are four different concerts on the 6th. Below is a table explaining when each class will perform.
The book fair will be going on that week as well. We invite you to stop in and check out the great selection of books for sale when you join us for the concert.
As in past years, Cablevision will video record the concert and broadcast it on cable public access. We will notify families once we learn the date and time that the concert will air on television.
Notes From The JPTO
JPTO Board Openings
- The president and secretary positions on the Jackson Parent-Teacher Organization Board will be opening soon. If you are interested in learning more about how you can be involved in supporting your child's education through the JPTO please join us at our meeting on April 12th at 7pm.
Box Tops/Soup Labels
- Don't forget to save those box tops and Campbell's soup labels! Remember the classroom with the most labels at the end of the semester will win a pizza party!
- The January submission has been counted and the current standings are:
1st place - Mrs. Hoffmann (1,184 points)
2nd place - Mrs. Inkmann (678 points)
3rd place - Mr. Barnes (377 points)
Breakfast Traffic Safety
If your child walks to breakfast in the morning, please remind them about how to walk safely in a busy area. Students should keep their heads up and look both ways at driveways just as they do at an intersection. Students should also try to walk along the perimeter of the blacktop as cars and buses drive down the middle of the blacktop to drop off in the morning. Thank you for your help!
Chalk The Walk
Join the fun, or watch local artists create chalk drawings on the sidewalk between Hobby Lobby and Kohl’s parking lots on Saturday, May 21, from 8 a.m. – 4 p.m. for Chalk the Walk, presented by the WBSD Art Departmen The rain date is May 22nd. This unique event is open to professionals, amateur artists or families. Registration forms are available at the Chocolate Factory, all WBSD schools, or the WBSD Education Service Center, 735 S., Main Street. For more information, please contact Kiah Wolff@ (262)335-5478, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Updated Family Contact Information
Visit Us On Facebook
The link to our page is here: https://www.facebook.com/Jackson-Elementary-School-351749088261667/