Books! Gadgets! Fun!
Please let us know what we can help you with!
Valerie Byrd Fort, Karen Gobbi, Brenda Burkett
- Each grade level (K - 5) will participate in a special project with Mrs. Yanssens in Art Class.
- Kindergarten will explore other "dot" inspired books during their time in the library, as well as explore the following dot-themed centers - OREO Stacking and making dots come to life with the ColAR Mix app!
- 1st - 5th grade will explore these centers - Spin Art; Dots: The Game (on the iPad); and they will make large 3D dots out of paper!
After school Make Shop for Teacher's Kids!
I am offering an after school Make Shop on Thursday, September 25 from 3pm - 4pm for teacher's kids (grades K - 5)! Teachers are also welcome to attend!
We will be focusing on creating something with Sugru (http://sugru.com/). The afternoon will be spent making and then writing instructions for how they made to post to Instructables (http://www.instructables.com/).
We will have lots of fun and I will provide light snacks :)
Please RSVP at this link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1hBPoEsiwwRJiDxqObI-C-OjwmTdaVWD7dZremRNMo-Y/viewform?usp=send_form
Makerspace Moments! Spotlight: CARDBOARD!
We will start our Makerspace Moments the week of September 22. Makerspace Moments are a time when students can come to the Learning Commons to explore and create. The focus for September and October will be CARDBOARD (in honor of the Global Cardboard Challenge, of course!). There will be plenty of cardboard, tape, glue, and other supplies available for students to use when they come to the Makerspace. They can create anything they want! There will be a few examples in place to inspire them, but it is up to them to create something AWESOME! They can keep this creation in the Learning Commons or they can take it home to work on more. They may even want to consider participating in the Global Cardboard Challenge Event at the Lexington Technology Center on October 11. If you would like to participate as a class, let me know and we can work something out!
Each teacher will be given 3 passes to use during Makerspace Moments. You can send students for the entire time, or indicate a certain time for students to return.
The Makerspace Moments schedule is (starting September 22):
Tuesdays 9am - 10am AND 12:30pm-1pm
Wednesdays 12pm - 1pm
September is National Library Card Sign Up Month!
ETV has a NEW content provider - Learn360!
Also, please note that any videos you downloaded from United Streaming onto your hard drive (or the T: Drive) need to be deleted ASAP. This is for copyright purposes.
Global Read Aloud
- Computer Lab
- Learning Commons
- Literacy Center/Book Room (in Learning Commons)
- STEM Lab
- iPad Set 1
- iPad Set 2
- Laptops (10)
Lion Cub Storytime
Feel free to share these dates in your classroom newsletter!
Save the Date!
Mark your calendars for...
- Lion Cub Story Time - September 12 at 9am
- Auggie's Birthday (from Wonder) - October 10
- Lion Cub Story Time - October 10 at 9am
- Global Cardboard Challenge - October 11 at Lexington Technology Center
- Star Wars READS Day - October 11, 4 - 6pm at Learning Express in Lexington
- Global Read Aloud - October