New at the Hutch Library
Week of December 1, 2014
Getting Geared Up for Next Semester
Mrs. Rinio can help your students with any of the following, and more:
- Using primary and secondary sources
- Defining the purpose of a piece of writing (i.e., inform, persuade, etc.)
- Comparing and contrasting sources
- Synthesizing information
- Writing citations
- Writing an outline or organizing information
- Finding information in books or online
- Evaluating online information
Remember, students need explicit instruction and guided practice on many of these skills to be career and college ready. Let's start planning today!
Pin of the Week
Things every 21st century teacher should be able to do
Don't know how to do some of these things but want to learn? Ask the librarian to show you how!