Week of September 18-22, 2023 - Principal's Message
Thank you for attending our virtual Meet the Teacher Night, I hope that you had a positive interaction with your child's teacher(s) and see how well we prepare your children for their future. We are a collective, we need your support as well to ensure that your child/children meet their social and academic benchmarks. We look forward to working with you for your child's continued growth and success. We had some technology wrinkles. Please note that it was unintentional, we are people and people make mistakes. Our motto and vision at P.S. 212Q is, "Everyone Grows!" We learn from our mistakes daily and will do better the next time. Thank you for providing us with patience and grace as we navigate this new school year.
We will be hosting events for families to come in to see your child's class (more information to follow shortly).
Wishing you all a wonderful weekend.
If you celebrate Rosh Hashanah, we wish you “L’Shana Tovah”!
Our Habits of Mind focus year long:
Remaining Open to Continuous Learning and Thinking about your Thinking (Metacognition)
September Habits of Mind: Managing Impulsivity ⚡️ & Listening with Understanding and Empathy 💓
- Monday, September 18, 2023 (Day 8) - 8:30 am - Cafeteria Meet and Greet with PreK and K parents - PTA Executive Board and administration. HANAC 1st day **Only for students who have all medical and emergency forms turned in and approved by Ms. Tracy.**.
- Tuesday, September 19, 2023 (Day 9) -
- Wednesday, September 20, 2023 (Day 10) - 8:20 am Student Council - Cafeteria
- Thursday, September 21, 2022 (Day 11) - World Gratitude Day
- Friday, September 22, 2023 (Day 12) -
- Saturday, September 23, 2023 - First day of Fall
- Monday, September 25, 2023 - School Closed Rosh Hashanah
- 9/15-10/15 - Hispanic Heritage Month
- 9/18-10/27 - Beginning of Year (BOY) assessments for all students Kindergarten-Grade 5 in ELA and mathematics.
- Tuesday, September 26, 2023 (Day 13) - PTA 8:30 am in the cafeteria. Miss Chocolate Fundraiser begins (school online fundraiser - more details to follow).
- Thursday, October 5 (Day 20) - Pre-K, K, 1, and Grade 3 Pictures ***Note grade change**
- Friday, October 6 (Day 21) - Grades 2, 4, and 5 Pictures ***Note grade change**
- Monday, October 9, 2023 - School Closed - Italian Heritage / Indigenous Peoples' Day
- Tuesday, October 17, 2023 (Day 27) - Miss Chocolate fundraiser sale ends
- Wednesday, October 18, 2023 (Day 28) - Unity Day - to show unity for kindness, acceptance, and inclusion and to send a visible message that no child should ever experience bullying. Wear Orange Today! https://www.pacer.org/bullying/nbpm/unity-day.asp
- Friday, October 20, 2023 - Pumpkin Day (information to follow)
- Friday, October 27, 2023 - PTA Fall Festival for students 5pm to 7pm (information to follow)
- Tuesday, October 31, 2023 - Halloween Parade
- October 16-20 - Dental Program in school - (Room - Library) contact Ms. Flores for more information.
- Wednesday, January 10, 2024 - Grade 5 Cap and Gown Photos
- Wednesday, February 7, 2024 - PreK and K Cap and Gown Photos
Thank you PTA!!
The PTA decorated the main lobby and hallways of the school, hung banners to welcome back students, and helped us deliver the many many bags of supplies. We so appreciate you!
DOE Parent Messages
23-24 School Calendar: https://www.schools.nyc.gov/about-us/news/2023-2024-school-year-calendar
Back to School: https://www.schools.nyc.gov/bts2023
Family Income Forms
Please complete the Family Income Inquiry Form: https://www.myschoolapps.com/Application
Students have access to a full digital library.
Linda Chung - Vice President
Cindy Jaramillo - Treasurer
Gloria Contreras - Recording Secretary
Consider a $20.00 donation. Your commitment provides activities for students such as arts residencies, field trips, and kindergarten and grade 5 end of year celebrations