March 2021 Newsletter
Wednesday, March 31, 2021
Summer School Forms Info, Cub House, Friday Experience
Summer School is from June 1st through June 30th. Students will receive free meals, and transportation will be provided. Summer school will not be in session on Friday, June 18th and 25th. Students are eligible to receive up to a $100 gift card for perfect attendance.
If you wish to enroll your student in summer school, please click HERE for more information and the enrollment forms.
Monett FBLA Qualifies in the State FBLA Competition
- Cameron George--Marketing, Business Communications
- Anna Krueger--Organizational Leadership
- Katie Smith--Political Science
- Harrison Merriman--Securities & Investments
- Victoria Soriano--Accounting I, Economics
- Alyson Massardo--Advertising, Business Communications
- Garrett Sanders--Advertising
- Daniel Geiss--Organizational Leadership, Public Speaking
- JJ Cavazos--Impromptu Speaking, Political Science
- Katherine Simmons--Introduction to Business Communications, Introduction to Business Procedures
- Dah Eh Wah--Introduction to FBLA, Introduction to Parliamentary Procedures
- Olivia Lynn--Introduction to Public Speaking
Not pictured: JJ Cavazos, Olivia Lynn, and Victoria Soriano.
Leslie Quiquivix and Jacob Hughes
Letters of Intent
- Ray Villalta: Football at Evangel University in Springfield, MO
- Cole Davis: Football at Evangel University in Springfield, MO
- Dylan Lynch: Football at Evangel University in Springfield, MO
- Alejandro Garcia will play soccer at Ecclesia College in Springdale, AR
DECA Prepares Emerging Leaders
DECA prepares emerging leaders and entrepreneurs to be college and career-ready in the areas of marketing, management, hospitality, and finance.
Congratulations to these Scott Tech DECA finalists from the virtual state competition held in March 2021:
- Alyson Harter, Billings High School - 3rd place, Sales Project
- Gavin King, Pierce City High School - 3rd place, Sales Project
- Racheal Herrera, Miller High School - 3rd place, Startup Business Plan
- Cameron George, Monett High School- Finalist, Sports & Entertainment Marketing Role Play
- John Cabrera, Monett High School - Finalist, Quick Service Restaurant Role Play
Alyson, Gavin and Racheal will go on to compete against at least 15,000 other DECA members at the International Career Development Conference, to be held virtually in April. Best of luck!
Last Day of School
Save the 2021-2022 School Calendar
Dates to Remember
- April 1: No School - Professional Development
- April 2-5: No School - Easter Break
- MES Spring Pictures: April 12
- CPE Spring Pictures: April 9
- MIS Spring Pictures: April 6
- Prom: May 1
- Graduation: May 14
- Last Day of School: May 21
- Summer School: June 1-30
Celebrations and More
Click on each image to read more about each story.