Talbot County Public Schools
Superintendent's Update | January 28, 2022 | #21
February 3: Joint Meeting with County Council, TCEC 5:30 PM
February 9: Board of Education Meeting
February 17: Yellow Ribbon Suicide Prevention Awareness Day
February 21: President's Day - Make-Up Snow Day- Schools are OPEN
Virtual Inclement Weather Day Plan
Dear TCPS Families,
Talbot County Public Schools has been approved to provide virtual learning in the event of inclement weather that requires that school buildings be closed. Rather than having to make up these days at the end of the school year, TCPS will be able to count the virtual inclement day as a school day.
TCPS will continue to employ its process for decision-making for weather-related closings and provide as much notice as possible. Every effort will be made to inform schools and the community the day before a virtual inclement weather day is implemented. In the event that inclement weather is predicted, elementary schools will ensure that students bring their iPads home.
Each school will communicate their specific virtual inclement weather day schedule to students and families. On a virtual inclement weather day, students will login to FROG and join their class through Zoom. Students who have difficulties accessing their synchronous online class will be permitted to make up the work.
We are monitoring the dynamic weather forecast for tonight into tomorrow, and schools are preparing to make this transition should conditions remain problematic into next week. Please consult the communication from your child’s school for specifics related to virtual inclement weather days.
Have a great weekend!
Kelly L. Griffith, Ed.D.
Congratulations to Daniel Moss, Giant Teacher of the Month, and English Teacher at Easton High School.
TCPS FY23 Proposed Budget
2022 Teacher & Support Staff of the Year!
Talbot County Public Schools is excited to announce that the process to select the 2022 Teacher of the Year and Support Staff of the Year has begun! Is there a teacher or member of the TCPS support staff who is truly outstanding, has made a significant impact on your family, and/or goes above and beyond in their commitment as a professional? The Teacher of the Year and Support Staff of the Year programs are a fantastic way to recognize educators who exemplify excellence.
Any individual within the school system or any member of the community may nominate a candidate to apply to be Talbot’s Teacher of the Year or Support Staff of the Year. The nomination forms are linked below. Nominations for both Teacher of the Year and Support Staff of the Year are due by Friday, February 4, 2022.
Please note: nominations from family members will not be considered.
Talbot County Parks and Rec Wants to Hear from Talbot Families!
TCPS COVID UPDATES
Updated Guidelines for Isolation and Quarantine
The CDC has released updated recommendations for Isolation and Quarantine for COVID-19. Beginning Thursday, January 6, 2022, TCPS will follow a modified process for students and staff (This document was updated 1/7/2022)
LATEST TALBOT COUNTY COVID INFORMATION
Below is a list of COVID information that has been recently released
- New COVID testing site at UM Shore Medical Pavilion, 500 Cadmus Lane Easton MD 21601. Drive Through. Open Monday-Sunday 9 AM to 3 PM. PCR tests with results in 24-48 hours.
- Free at-home covid tests via USPS. Every home is eligible for four tests and orders will ship in 7-12 days. Order them here
- The local health department gets rapid at-home covid tests delivered every other week in extremely low quantities. The public can get them from the library if/when they are available.
- Local pharmacies are getting at-home covid tests in stock. I recommend calling ahead of time to see if they are in stock before going to purchase them.
- The Health Department is still testing at their test site at 28712 Glebe Road Easton MD 21601 Monday through Friday 9 AM to 2:30 PM. Appointments are required and do fill up very fast. You can call 410-819-5632 to make an appointment.
· **When taking at-home covid tests, you can report your results here**
· The health department has distributed KN95 masks throughout the community to be available to the public. You can pick yours up at the Health Department (100 Hanson St.), the Vaccine Center (102 Marlboro Ave.), or at the county libraries.
- Where: Talbot County Vaccine Center, 102 Marlboro Ave Easton MD
- When: Monday through Friday 10 AM to 6 PM
5-11-year-olds on Fridays, no appointment required
· Who: Anyone 5 years old and older
5-11-year-olds are eligible for their Pfizer vaccine which is available on Fridays, no appointment required
- Pfizer: Anyone 12 years and older
- Moderna: Anyone 18 years and older
- J&J: Anyone 18 years and older
Anyone 12 years and older who is at least 5 months after their second shot
THE GREAT KINDNESS CHALLENGE JANUARY 24-28
TCPS JOB OPENINGS!
Bullying and cyberbullying, harassment and intimidation, hazing, and/or bias behaviors are unsafe behaviors that do not reflect respect for others as defined by Policy 10.16 on STUDENT CONDUCT – BULLYING, HARASSMENT OR INTIMIDATION . If a student is a target of one of these behaviors, you can report it using the Bullying, Harassment, or Intimidation Reporting Form (linked below).
The form is also available at all schools, in the main office and the school’s counseling office. Students can also report issues directly to a staff member. When a situation that involves any of these behaviors is reported, staff members will respond quickly and will provide a practical, private, and safe place to report.