The Cedar Scoop 2.0
October 17-21, 2016
Our Own Kid President
Picture Day or Election Day? You decide
Thanks to Nicole Schofer for the picture
Notes And Reminders:
- Cedar Grove has been paired with a retired scientist who volunteers with the American Association for the Advancement of Science STEM program. She has committed to being here weekly and is eager to get started working with our students. Let Mari know if you are interested and have ideas how this volunteer could supplement and enhance your instruction in STEM areas.
- MAP reports will be sent home after the MCPS testing window has closed. We originally planned to send them home as soon as possible after each class finished testing, but doing so would mean that the MCPS median would not be included for comparison.
- Wednesday's bus evacuation drill is scheduled to start at 9:30. Classes will be called down to the front as buses are available.
- By now, lead room parents should have contacted you and parents about the fall parties on 10/31. If not, please let Mrs. Luskey or me know.
Share and Celebrate
- Congratulations to Maria on her engagement!
- Bravo to Bonnie Barker for getting our music classes and chorus off to a great start!
- Kudos to our Green Team and all of us for our recycling efforts, which earned us a 2015-2016 SERT Recycling Award.
- Thoughts and prayers go out to Marilynn as she undergoes a second surgery this week.
- Thanks to everyone for their flexibility and teamwork that enables us to get a significant portion of our primary MAP testing
- Cedar Grove Family. Thank you for your caring support as I dealt with a deth in my family. I feel loved! -April
- Vanessa. Thank you for helping me get caught up on my planning and copying. You rock! -Jenn Wilson
- Julia and Mike. You shared your ChromeBooks on short notice with the the second graders for testing. -april and Patti
- Yared, You always show up on time for your classes and really help out. -Dana
- Diane. You covered my class so I could participate in collaborative team planning!! -April
This Week's Highlights:
This is a B Week for Media and Guidance
8:00-9:00 AM-Flu Shot Clinic
Pink Out Wednesday
8:00 AM-ILT Meeting
Bus Evacuation Drill-classes will be called
Welcome Back, Melanie!
Field Day-Grades 4&5
Field Day-Grades 2&3
Grade 4 Field Trip
NED Show Assemblies
Thursday, Nov. 3rd, 1:45-3:30pm
24001 Ridge Road
This is a follow up to a program we had here a few years ago (the yoyo guys). Check out the teahcer resources at http://www.thenedshow.com/teachers.html
Week of 10/24
Lots of field trips-see master calendar
8:00 AM-Staff Meeting-
- SLO Peer Feedback
- Small Group Instruction Walkthrough and Definitions