To the Point
Prairie Point Staff Newsletter
Issue 12: Tuesday, October 28, 2014
Anyone know the secret?
Interestingly, as I was writing this week's newsletter, Dr. Wendt sent the certified teachers an email about this very topic. The end of his email stated, "You should anticipate additional communication over the next two weeks as we look to slow down so all of us can not only take the time to "smell the flowers," (or admire the fall colors), but to allow us to feel better about what we are asked to do for students."
I think we all need to be intentional this year about how we find balance and recharge our batteries. This school year has brought tremendous, positive, changes. We are doing the right work. But we can't forget that the right work is also hard work.
SO, let's make a pact:
1) As a staff, we will prioritize and find ways to focus on the things that are most important. As a school we have committed to put student learning at the forefront of everything we do here at Prairie Point. We must focus on and choose those professional activities that support our mission. Please call me out if there are things we do that don't support our mission.
2) We will all commit to find ways to recharge our batteries, both at school and at home. Sometimes that might mean stealing just 15 minutes out of a day, but those small moments can give us big relief.
3) When we are here at school we will find ways to play, laugh, and support one another, in true Prairie Point fashion. We are heroes to each other, as much as we are to our kids.
4) Promise me that you will talk with me if things get to be too much here at Prairie Point. My job as principal is to support you and my promise back is that I will do just that. No judgments, only support. We'll make a plan together to figure things out. My door is always open to you.
5) We'll remind one another to take a breath when things seem especially stressful.
While balance may always feel elusive, we are always searching for it. What are some ways you find balance in your life?
News & Info
2. Red flag notices are available for you to fill out if you need assistance from Heidi or Jen. Please click below to download the form. Please have all Red Flag notices turned in by the end of the day on Friday, October 31st.
3. Don't forget to give Kim/Laurel a copy of your conference schedule. They frequently get calls from parents asking to verify their time.
Wednesday Morning Meetings
Next Meeting - Wednesday, October 29, 2014
Topic: Professional Learning Communities
PLEASE BRING YOUR Orange PLC Book.
All of the agendas and information for Wednesday morning meetings will now come in this newsletter. :-) Provided below is a link to the schedule, as well as a link to the agenda.
Please review the agenda prior to each meeting. Wednesday meetings will be held in the Community Room. We will begin promptly at 7:35 a.m.
If you are unable to make it to a meeting, please let us know in advance, if possible. Please see Heidi or Jen as soon as you can after the meeting to find out what you missed.
Tuesday, Nov. 11th, 7:30am
Prairie Point Community Room
RSVPs are enabled for this event.