- Ctenopharyngoden idella
- Part of the minow family.
- Most commonly known as the Grass Carp.
- Is an invasive species in Ontario.
- $2,000 dollar reward if species is captured.
- This species originally came from Southern Russia and Northern Vietnam.
- They can be found in Lakes Huron and Erie and also the Don River.
- The Grass Carp causes aquatic damage.
- The species was brought to North America to control aquatic plant invasive species called Hydrilla.
- In this process the Grass carp also became an invasive species.
- Since there population increased and there's so much of them this gives native fish less space to live in.
- They also damage other plant species by destroying them with there sharp teeth.
- The Grass Carp was introduced to The United States in 1863 to control another aquatic invasive species called Hydrilla.
- The Grass Carp population increased causing them to produce more eggs and make more of the species.
Attempts To Capture...
- Authorities have not tried to capture this species.
- The Grass Carp is controlling another aquatic invasive species Hydrilla.
- The public is allowd to catch this species.