On the Horizon: Special Edition
September 1, 2020
Horizon Return to Learn
You received the latest information from Dr. Thacker earlier today regarding our return to school. We will be bringing children back into the building for school. The timeline is as follows:
- Elementary (K-3) will return face to face on Sept. 14th (with 100% virtual still being an option) *Students participating in virtual instruction will remain with the same teacher.
- Elementary (4-5) will return face to face on Sept. 21st (with 100% virtual still being an option) *Students participating in virtual instruction will remain with the same teacher.
This edition contains very important information that you will need to look at to help prepare for your next steps. Please read it in its entirety.
1. Parent Survey Link - Please click: Horizon Elementary Intent to Return Questionnaire to fill out this survey for EACH child attending Horizon. We need this survey to be completed by this FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 4th. In it, you will choose which option of learning you intend to participate in beginning on September 14th: virtual or face-to-face instruction. There are also questions regarding transportation preferences and Kids Club.
4. Please click this link to access Horizon's Return to Learn Plan for procedures for ensuring a safe return for our students.
5. You can view your student's School Fees on Skyward. Payment is due by Oct. 30th. You may pay the school by cash or check or pay online through phm.revtrak.net
6. Please click this link Elementary Classroom Video to view a classroom set up for our return to school.
7. Please make sure your child brings back the chromebook and all materials provided by their teacher when they return to school.
On September 10 - 11, teachers will have a live check-in time with their classes and post videos and assignments for the day. There will not be LIVE time throughout the day on those days so that teachers have time to prepare their rooms for the return of their students.
We will continue to provide you Up-to-Date information. We are looking forward to having our kids back with us!