Seven Hills Elementary News
A Home-School Connection
March 5, 2018
NISD Hosts Town Hall Meeting to Discuss Boundary Changes on Monday, March 5 at 7:00 pm.
Join us for Open House on Tuesday, March 6 from 6:00 - 7:30 pm!
7 Hills Hosts Community Leadership Day on Friday, March 9!
In preparation for this event, each homeroom class has been researching a specific leader in our community. They have been learning about the role the leader plays in the community, the education needed to pursue this role, and fun facts about the individual themselves. On Friday, each class will present what they have learned about the community leader and the leader will have an opportunity to share more about themselves with the class. Some examples of community leaders include the NISD Superintendent, the Newark Librarian, the Rhome Pharmacist, and a fire fighter. Students and teachers have been decorating doors to welcome our leaders. We hope you will take time to look at the doors when you visit for Open House.
We are very excited about our first Community Leadership Day. Please have students wear their red, "Oh the Places I'll LEAD" shirts to school on Friday.
Thank You PE Department and 7 Hills Families for a Wonderful Jump Rope For Heart Campaign and Event!
7 Hills READS!
We hope everyone is enjoying reading our school book, The Adventures of a South Pole Pig! If you haven't started reading yet, Spring Break will be a GREAT opportunity to READ, READ, READ! Don't forget...Families are invited to share their reading on social media using the hashtags, #7HillsREADS and #7HillsLEADS. You can also send your pictures to Mrs. Blackburn at firstname.lastname@example.org, or to your homeroom teacher. We will post pictures on social media to promote our school book and reading! We can't wait to see our 7 Hills families reading together!
Speeding to Read Update:
Is your child on track with the Speeding to Read challenge? Remember, For Turns 4, the minimum goal is 25 books per turn for Kindergarten–2nd-grade students and six (6) chapter books for 3rd–5th-grade students. We encourage students to set high goals and read over the minimum number of books each turn. We are in the final turn before the big Championship Assembly at Texas Motor Speedway in May! Please continue to READ, READ, READ! And make sure that students are logging their books! Don't forget to count Adventures of a South Pole Pig once your family completes the reading!
Seven Hills DI Team Places 3rd in Regional Tournament! Congratulations Imagination Dragons!
Seven Hills Teams Participate in Destination Imagination:
Destination Imagination cultivates students’ creativity, courage, and curiosity through open-ended academic challenges in the fields of STEM, fine arts and service learning. Team members learn patience, flexibility, persistence, ethics, respect for others and their ideas, and the collaborative problem solving process.
Sixty-four teams from Northwest ISD participated in the Greater Ft. Worth Regional Tournament on February 24, 2018. Seven Hills had four teams participating in the Regional Tournament. The tournament is made up of a Central Challenge, which the team has worked on since October, and an Instant Challenge. The two scores are combined and teams are ranked, 1st through 6th place within their challenge and age group. Twenty-six NISD teams medaled at this year’s tournament. We are excited to announce that the Seven Hills Imagination Dragons placed 3rd in the Scientific Challenge division!
Prior to the competitive tournament on February 24, Northwest ISD and Hatfield Elementary hosted the Rising Stars Tournament. Rising Stars is the the non-competitive division for kindergarten through second grade students. Seven Hills had 4 teams competing in this event.
Participation in Destination Imagination at Seven Hills continues to grow at Seven Hills. We are so proud of all of our teams, and look forward to next year's fun! For more information on Destination Imagination, visit http://idodi.org/.
5th Grade Star Leader named NISD Writer of the Month! Look for her writing in the NISD Source.
Student Lighthouse Leaders Represent 7 Hills at February NISD Board of Trustees Meeting!
Save the Date:
NISD Boundary Town Hall Meeting at CTMS:
- Monday, March 5 at 7:00 pm
Open House,Leadership Expo, & PTA General Meeting:
- Tuesday, March 6, 6:00 - 7:30 pm
Adventure Dash PTA Fundraiser Kick Off Rally:
- Wednesday, March 7
Seven Hills Community Leadership Day and Career Day Event:
- Friday, March 9 (Students wear red "Oh the Places I'll LEAD" shirts)
5th Grade Human Growth Program:
- Friday, March 9 (Letters were sent via email and paper copy last week. If you do not want your child to participate, please contact your child's teacher. If you have questions you can contact Mrs. Morales, Nurse Ellis, or Mrs. Blackburn)
- March 12 - 16
PTA Chuck E Cheese Fundraiser:
- Friday, March 16
PTA Adventure Dash Fun Run Event:
- Friday, March 23 during specials (Students wear red "Oh the Places I'll LEAD shirts)
Junior Achievement Day:
- Thursday, March 29
NISD Bad Weather Make-up Day/Student Holiday:
- Friday, March 30
STAAR Testing and Closed Campus from 7:20 - 3:00:
- 4th grade Writing STAAR: Tuesday, April 10
- 5th Grade Math STAAR: Tuesday, April 10
- 5th Grade Reading STAAR: Wednesday, April 11
Campus Information and Reminders:
Running Club: will resume after Spring Break. Mote details coming soon.
- School Doors Open and Staff Are On Duty at 7:20 am: Please remember that students should not be dropped off at school before the doors open and staff are on duty at 7:20 am.
- The safety and security of students, staff, and visitors is a priority. All visitors must sign-in with the front office using the Raptor system to receive a visitor badge. Any visitor without a badge will be redirected to the front office. Please note that we have a new and improved Raptor system for signing our visitors and volunteers in at Seven Hills. All guests and volunteers will be required to scan their ID on their first visit to school this year. Thank you in advance for your patience.
- Student Absences: Please contact the school office if your child will be absent from school. This helps us verify our overall attendance for the day and properly account for all students. When your child returns to school after an absence, please be sure to send a note explaining the reason for the absences.
Important Yearbook Information...Don't Miss Your Opportunity to Purchase Yearbooks and Ads!
- Facebook Live Chat with Dr. Warren About School Safety: Join us Thursday, March 22 for a Facebook Live chat with Dr. Warren as we discuss the safety and security of district schools. The event is aimed at providing families with details about our security procedures, and anyone, including district staff, is welcome to participate by asking questions. Simply visit the Northwest ISD Facebook page in a web browser or through the social network's mobile app at 6:30 p.m. Thursday, March 22.
- See What’s Going on in Our Communities: As a service to our families, the district provides the Community Folder for non-school groups or organizations to post information that may be of interest or a benefit to students and families. Click here to see approved flyers.
- Camp Invention: NISD will offer 2 Camp Invention Opportunities this summer! For more information: Lakeview Elementary Camp Invention: https://inventnow-web.ungerboeck.com/program…/moreinfo.aspx… Schluter Elementary Camp Invention: https://inventnow-web.ungerboeck.com/program…/moreinfo.aspx…