Mrs. Ayers MATH Newsletter
November 1st, 2017
Below I have included a list of major concepts which we have covered so far. I have been giving quick assessments 2-3 times a week for a spiral review of all of these concepts. I reteach, students practice and I reassess. Today(Wed.), students took Unit 3 Assessment. We will go over that assessment and then give another short 5 assessment to give a second chance to those who may not have done well.
The videos, which I have attached links to, are good for parents because they show how we teach math. They are also good for the kids to watch and review.
Please feel free to contact me if you do not understand something. If there is a particular strategy you do not understand, please feel free to contact me. I do not mind having parents come in and letting me show you the strategies.
CLICK THE WORDS UNDERLINED IN BLUE TO CONNECT TO THE VIDEOS
So far this year, the main concepts we have covered are:
- identifying prime and composite numbers,
- multiplicative comparisons,
- factors and multiples,
- subtraction and addition with regrouping,
- division using partial quotients,(scroll down on this page and watch videos. Click + sign by "show step by step" and it will show a new video using partial quotients
- multiplying 2 digit by 1 digit using area model
- 2 digit by 2 digit numbers using the area model.