AR Circuits App
AR Circuits - Augmented Reality Electric Circuit Kit
With the AR Circuits app students can build and test simple realistic circuits using augmented reality technology. The app allows you to build circuits without the expense, safety concerns, and inconveniences associated with physical electric components. The circuits are designed by arranging printed paper component cards. The circuits can then be tested and interacted with using the AR Circuits app and the camera on your mobile device. The components currently available include one battery, one switch, two bulbs, and three wires. These components allow you to build basic series and parallel circuits. (description from iTunes)
- Cost effective alternative to purchasing electronic kits or individual electronic components for students.
- Safe alternative to building traditional electronic circuits for students ages 9-11.
- Teaches younger students the basics of electronic circuits: series and parallel.
- Printable components.
Simulates the voltage source for the circuit.
Toggle switch to activate and deactivate the circuit.
Users can customize the resistance of each lamp.
- This app costs $2.99. (Not worth the cost for what it has to offer at this point.)
- The user can create 2 circuits: a simple series circuit and a simple parallel circuit.
- You cannot mix component sets to expand the circuits.
- Website says they are working on more components - but at this time those are not available.