Otherwise known as "lol get rekt England"
What was the cause?
- Tension between Britain and the American colonies
- British government taxed the colonies (Stamp Act, Sugar Act, etc.)
- Colonies had a lack of representation in Parliament
- Boston Massacre
- Boston Tea Party, followed by the Intolerable Acts
The American Side (led by George Washington)
- Most colonists were on this side
- Upset over lack of representation and unfair taxation
- Wanted independence from Britain
The British Side (led by King George III)
- Some colonists (Loyalists) and the British were on this side
- The British had taxed the colonists to pay for a war
- The British wanted to keep the colonies
What were the results?
- The Colonies were now free states no longer ruled by England
- The American side gained independence
- The British side lost the colonies
- For the Americans, the revolution was successful
- History.com Staff. "American Revolution History." History.com. A&E Television Networks, 01 Jan. 2009. Web. 05 Apr. 2016.
- Cool george washington image. Digital image. Wordpress. N.p., n.d. Web. <https://p2alm.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/george-washington1.jpg>.
BY HAYLEY ISAKSON AND COLBY LAWS