Weekly update: All Things Pershing
MAP (Missouri Assessment Program) Testing for all 3rd - 8th graders is right around the corner
This is to inform guardians of the Missouri Assessment Program also known as MAP testing. Pershing students will start testing April 18th and will continue over the following three weeks. Visit the webpage for exact dates. Over the next two weeks classroom teachers and 5-Star Seminar teachers will be working with students making sure ALL chromebooks are updated & working correctly along with checking to see that EVERY student has access to a chromebook charger and headphones. At this time Pershing families are asked to make sure their student(s) are at school and in building by 9:30 am on testing days. In order to insure testing is simple, smooth and safe for EVERYONE we must work together. Have a good evening and Remember… #PershingProud
Digital citizenship encompasses using technology appropriately, ethically, and responsibly. As parents and educators, we play an important role in making sure that students know how to protect their personal information while online.
This month we will learn how to build positive relationships, avoid risky online talk, and understand different forms of communication and how that might look across different mediums. Below is a link to this month’s lesson along with The DC newsletter, aligned to this month’s theme, for parents.
Don't miss Pershing Night at the Springfield Cardinals - the night is for both Elementary and Middle School
It's time to start making plans for summer!
A wide array of classes, delivery modes and schedules will allow you
to customize your child's summer learning experience.
Explore offers your family multiple options for keeping your child engaged in learning this summer.
Registration for Explore begins March 7 and is staggered through March 11, depending on students' grade levels.
Watch for a copy of the Explore Pocket Guide to come home from school with your child today.
Online classes for K-12 students will be offered June 6-30 and July 5-29
Seated classes for K-8 students will be offered June 6-July 15
Students in grades 3-5 can participate Artworks course offered at three locations.
New for 2022! Middle School Fine Arts Academy offers classes in musical, performing and fine arts.
Select from in-person or virtual options.
Choose classes tailored for students in all grades-- Kindergarten-12.
Is there a staff member you feel needs to be recognized? Please use this form to share.
4th Quarter is up and runnin'...
Please talk with your student about grades or missing assignments for 4th quarter. Please be sure to check assignments, grades, and attendance online in eschool or Canvas each day for your student and talk with your student about each grade. Follow these steps to check grades and assignments:
- Please visit with your student about assignments and grades printed on the report. Parents can check assignment grades on Home Access at https://homeaccess.sps.org/homeaccess. If you have any questions about the assignments or grades, please reach out to the teacher.
Home Access Center website: https://homeaccess.sps.org/homeaccess
Log-in: Enter User Name and Password
- If you have not previously logged on, you will be asked to create two questions with answers in case you forget your password in the future.
- If you need your log-in and password, please come in or call the office.
- Click on Classes for assignments and click on Grades for overall scores in each class at mid-quarter and at the end of the quarter.
To message teachers in Canvas:
- Canvas is the platform our teachers and students use for learning. As a parent, you are automatically able to be an observer in each of your child’s Canvas courses with your own log-in and password. To find your child’s Canvas courses, log in to Canvas at www.sps.org > Click on “Parents” > Click on “Resources” > Click on “Canvas.” The log in for Canvas is the same as eschool home access log-in and password. If you are unable to log-in to Canvas or home access, please call the main office. We will be happy to assist you!
- If you are unfamiliar with Canvas and would like quick tips on how to change preferences or contact a teacher through Canvas, click here for information.
- For accuracy, please use eschool Home Access for updated weekly grades. If you have questions about the assignment or grade, Canvas offers a way to immediately contact the teacher through inbox.
Parents! Need help accessing and checking learning with your student???
What's going on at Pershing this week?
- 4.11.22 - SPS Track Invitational - Parkview - 10:30 am
- 4.13.22 - Track at Willard - 4:00 pm
- 4.15.22 - PL/PW Day - Students out
- 4.18.22 - MAP Testing Begins
- 4.20.22 - Track @ Glendale - 3:15 pm
- 4.27.22 - National Administrative Assistant's Day
- 4.27.22 - Track at Fair Grove - 4:00 pm
- 4.29.22 - Track at Parkview - 3:15 pm
- 4.29.22 - KCKCC Jazz Festival in KC - Jazz Band only
- 5.2.22- 5.6.22 - Teacher Appreciation Week
- 5.4.22 - National School Nurse's Day
- 5.6.22 - School Lunch Hero Day
- 5.9.22 - All City Track - Parkview - 10:00 am
- 5.10.22 - Ozark Conference Track - West Plains - 10:30 am
- 5.12.22 - Pershing Night at the Springfield Cardinals
- 5.14.22 - Pershing Elementary Color Run - 10:00 am
- 5.25.22 - Last Day of School - Full Day
Free and Reduced Lunch Applications
We recognize eligible families have not completed this year's Free & Reduced School Meals application. As a reminder, to become eligible or remain eligible you must complete the application each year. We are here to help you or answer any of your questions.
You can complete the online application at the link found here or stop by the main office to pick up a paper copy.
All middle school students should be dropped off and picked-up each day at the circle drive. Car Riders will not be released until 4:30 p.m. Please do not drop off students before 9:05 a.m. Elementary students' carline is in located in the Elementary parking lot.
A COUPLE THINGS...
- Carline: Thank you parents staying in your cars. This greatly helps the speed of carline. Safety for our students is our #1 concern. Thank you for your patience.
- Please remind your student to USE THE CROSSWALK at all times.
- Please be aware of of students walking and riding bikes. Students should use the crosswalks and sidewalks at all times.
- Please DO NOT park in the NO PARKING areas in around Pershing. These need to stay clear for the safety of our students.
- Remember, students are considered tardy after the 9:30 bell rings. If your child arrives after 9:30 am, please walk your child in and check them in at the front office.
IMPORTANT NOTE: For the safety and security of Pershing School all doors will be locked until 9:05 am. In other words, students may arrive at school no earlier than 9:05. Breakfast will begin at 9:05 with our instructional day beginning at 9:30. Students will be dismissed at 4:30. During the school day, all visitors must check in at the office. If you are picking up your child early they will be dismissed from the office.
Breakfast and Lunch for ALL STUDENTS
All students enrolled at Pershing will be able to eat a school breakfast each morning for free and lunch each afternoon for free! Breakfast will be available each morning until 9:05 am. Breakfast will not be available after 9:30 am. Students attending school virtually can pick up food items during designated times. Click here for more information or check out nutrition services at SPS.org.
Check us out on Facebook and follow us on Twitter
Where to find us:
Facebook: @PershingMS and @PershingElementary
Twitter: @PershingSPS and @PershingElem
Please don't hesitate to contact us at any time.
You can reach us at 523-2400
or visit our website at: