October 17, 2019
Tell Your Parents
- Spook-tacular Watercolors with children’s book illustrator Lori McElrath-Eslick 10/19/19; FREE
- SMART Recovery for Teens program to start in Muskegon County 10/22/19
- FREE Mini-Pumpkin Painting at Hackley Library, all supplies provided 10/26/19
- Community Foundation’s Youth Advisory Council accepting applications for $250 Teacher Mini-Grants by 11/8/19
- Optimist Essay and Oratorical Scholarship Contest for Middle & High School students
- Teachers: Be a Census Ambassador to make sure ALL children are counted to benefit from federal educational funding; apply by 10/24
- Prudential Spirit of Community Awards is Seeking Michigan’s Top Youth Volunteers of the Year Grades 5-12; apply by 11/5
- Nominations Open for Inaugural Presidential Cybersecurity Education Award through 1/30/20
Don't Delay, Sign Up Today!
Teaching Structuring Number to Students with Cognitive Impairments & Autism
Designed for teachers working with students with more significant disabilities to learn of tools and resources to help students organize numbers and see patterns. Two-part series begins 11/14/19 $50, Dinner Register Now!
Get Your Learning On!
- Transition Council 2019-20 10/22/19; FREE, SCECHs
- CPI & TCI Community of Practice 2019-20 10/23/19, 1/22/20, AND 4/22/20; FREE
- School Social Work Community of Practice 2019-20 10/23/19; FREE
- MDE Meeting the Needs of the Whole Child through Systemic Thinking 2-day conference 11/18-19/19
- Medicaid New & Refresher - Direct Service - OT/OTA, PT/PTA, SLP, SE SW, RN/LPN 12/10/19; FREE
- FBA & PBSP Training 1/28/20, FREE, Lunch, SCECHs
Don't Miss This!
Let's Stop Gun Violence - Hope For Our Youth
Tuesday, October 22, 2019, 6:00 p.m.
FREE for parents, children & the community: TV's Judge Glenda Hatchett is the keynote speaker for this timely event to discuss violence prevention strategies and engage critical community involvement. See Details
Cool Clip to Share with Friends
FAFSA Form and FSA ID Tips for Parents
The first step to applying for federal student aid is completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form. This video helps parents navigate the FAFSA process: from logging in, to filling out, and to signing your child’s FAFSA using your FSA ID. Please SHARE this video in an email or social media post by using this link: https://youtu.be/fz9j-g1FIHQ