Flores Class Chronicle - Week 18
Please take a moment to read this memo (it can get lengthy) each week. This is where we will post all the important dates and events to keep up with.
The weekly newsletters may also be found archived on our class website under the "Weekly Newsletters" page. Questions and/or comments? Please let me know!
For the love of learning,
Current Week's Schedule of Events
The Week Ahead
Please Review Our Class Special's Schedule for your Student's Rotation Day. (https://sites.google.com/a/leanderisd.org/mrs-flores/class-schedule
- Green Specials Day
- Blue Specials Day
- Purple Specials Day
- Red Specials Day
- Orange Specials Day
- Spirit Stick Sales before school from 7:15 - 7:40 ($1/spirit stick, click http://reagan.my-pta.org/content.asp?PageID=265 for details)
- End of the 2nd 9 weeks (Report cards go home next Wednesday)
WHAT ARE WE LEARNING THIS WEEK?
- How to write good Hooks and Conclusions
- Spelling Words: already, warm, finally, gone, summer (for extended list, see below)
- Texas Settlements & Missions
- Addition, subtraction and measurements
- Personal Finance Checkpoint
- Cause and Effect
- Inferencing vs. Predicting
- Begin Vocabulary Review for Changing Earth
HOMEWORK - Will be posted each Monday and is DUE BY SUNDAY AT NOON.
REAGAN FAMILY SCIENCE NIGHT: SATURDAY, JANUARY 23rd - 4:00-7:00 PM
Below you will find upcoming dates for the first semester. Please update your calendars accordingly. Please understand that dates are subject to change and more than likely will, but we will keep this list current to the best of our ability. To assist you in keeping your calendars updated, any additions or changes from the previous week's memo will be in bold.
- Friday 1/15 - End of 1st Semester
- Monday 1/18 -NO SCHOOL - Staff Development / Student Holiday
- Wednesday 1/20 - 2nd 9 Weeks report cards sent home
- Saturday 1/23 - 4:00-7:00pm Reagan Elementary Family Science Night
- Monday 2/1 - Tuesday 2/2 - Staff Development / Student Holiday
- Friday 2/5 - Fun First Friday in 4th Grade - Geriatric Attack (Dress up like a Sr. Citizen in honor of the 100th day of school :)
- Wednesday 2/17 - progress reports sent home ONLY for students with a grade >70% in any subject
- Wednesday 3/2 - TX Independence Day - Dress like a Texan in 4th
- Sunday 3/13 - Daylight Savings Time - SPRING FORWARD!
- Monday 3/14 - Friday 3/18 - NO SCHOOL - Spring Break
- Friday 3/25 - NO SCHOOL - Good Friday
- Tuesday 3/29 - 4th Grade Writing STAAR Test - please avoid scheduling travel or appointments on STAAR test days if at all possible!
- Friday 4/1 - End of the 3rd 9 weeks
- Friday 4/1 - First Fun Friday in 4th Grade - Illuminocity Atrocity - Dress in BRIGHT or NEON colors!
- Monday 4/4 - Stephanie Beasley's 29th birthday
- Wednesday 4/6 - report cards sent home
- 4/22 - Earth Day
- Monday 4/25 - Bad Weather Make-Up Day (holidays unless the assigned day is needed due to bad weather, which will be communicated in advance)
- Wednesday 5/4 - progress reports sent home ONLY for students with a grade >70% in any subject
- Friday 5/6 - Fun First Friday in 4th Grade - Dress like a STAR! (music, sport, TV - school dress code compliant, please :)
- Monday 5/9 - 3rd & 4th Grade STAAR Math Test - please avoid scheduling travel or appointments on STAAR test days if at all possible!
- Tuesday 5/10 - 3rd & 4th Grade STAAR Reading Test - please avoid scheduling travel or appointments on STAAR test days if at all possible!
- Monday 5/24 - Bad Weather Make-Up Day (holidays unless the assigned day is needed due to bad weather, which will be communicated in advance)
- Monday 5/30 - NO SCHOOL - Memorial Day
- Friday 6/3 End of 4th 9 weeks - report cards sent home & Last Day of School - Have a GREAT summer!
4th ANNUAL FACULTY FOLLIES SHOW - Saturday, February 20 @11:00am - VISTA RIDGE PAC
Español en nuestra clase
Our class has begun learning some basic Spanish. We are lucky to have two great volunteers helping students with this new adventure...Mrs. Martin and Mr. Martinez.
Use the links to have fun and practice!
Week #1 - Students are beginning with basic introductions and numbers 0-20. Attached is the link so students can practice the numbers.
Week #2 - Classroom items and people (Just a few to start)