Week of February 15-19, 2016
Happy Valentine's Day Eagles!
Congrats to Ms. Kelley! FBISD Rookie Teacher of the Year!
Our Elementary and Secondary Teacher of the Year Judging Committees have met and reviewed all campus nominations and selected eight District Rookie Teachers of the Year. Since all of our campus nominees truly represent the best new teachers, it is always difficult for the judges to narrow it down to eight.
Please see below the names of our campuses/teachers selected as the District Elementary and Secondary Rookie Teachers of the Year.
The Elementary Rookie Teachers of the Year are:
Michelle Svehla, Holley Elementary
Nicole Henderson, Madden Elementary
Sarah Munday, Mission Glen Elementary
Heather Kelley, Quail Valley Elementary
The Secondary Rookie Teachers of the Year are:
Mayra Miranda, Baines Middle School
Sabah Ali, Dulles Middle School
Katherine Nguyen, Sartartia Middle School
Aaron Sanderson, Travis High School
Again, congratulations to all!
QVE Professional Development Agenda - Monday, February 15th
Your mission is to work with your team to make a 5-10 minute presentation of how you have used the assigned DI Strategy with your students. Be creative!
PK/K Team - Windowpane
1st Grade – One Sentence Summary
2nd Grade – Response Cards
ELA Team – Extension Menus
Math/Science Team – Graffiti Wall
Sped/Curriculum – Students Surveys
8:15 Welcome/Gearing Up for 2016-2017
8:45 Leader in Me Symposium......Blevins, Holly, Moragne, Portugal, Rodiek, and Rodriguez
9:00 Differentiated Instruction.....................Mr. Strutton/Ms. Portugal/Grade Level Teams
11:30 - 1:00 LUNCH
1:00 Staging Stem
2:30 - 4:30 Planning
· Student Holiday/District Professional Learning Day
· PLC -- Math Team
- FBISD Bowling Night at 6:30
· Digital Learning Day
· Jump Rope For Heart
· Committee Meetings
· FBISD Bowling Teams
· Skeeters Reading Program Presentation
· Math/Science/Technology Night
· GEMS/GENTS Meeting
- 5th Grade Math Benchmark
· Elementary Science Expo
· Team Leader Meeting
· Door Decorating Contest
· Synergize Celebration
FEBRUARY 29 – MARCH 4
· Spring Book Fair
QVE February Family Gathering!
Below is an Evite to the upcoming February faculty gathering. We hope to see you all there!
Have a wonderful weekend,
QVE welcomes Skeeters Reading Program
Good Morning! J
On Thursday, February 18th from 9:15-9:45 students in K-5 will be attending a program introducing them to the Skeeters Reading Program. All K-5 students will need to be seated in the cafeteria Thursday morning by 9:15 so we can begin on time.
During the presentation:
· Students and teachers will learn about the reading program.
· The Skeeters mascot will be here to get the kids excited about participating.
· Each K-5 student will receive a Skeeters book with a bookmark at the back to log books they read.
· Once students write a book on their log, their parent, guardian, or teacher needs to sign the log next to the book title. Books need to be read before April 1, 2016.
· Once they read 4 books and return the reading log bookmark to their teachers, students will receive 2 free field box tickets to a Skeeters game.
· Once students read 4 books, they bring the bookmark to their teacher.
· Teachers will be given an envelope to put student bookmarks into once complete.
· Please write the names of the students who have turned in their bookmarks on the outside of the envelope.
· I will let you know when I need the number of student tickets needed and the envelope to turn into the Skeeters for those tickets.
· As an extra thank you, teachers can also receive 2 free field box tickets when students have completed their bookmarks.
Super easy and fun for our students! Please let me know if you have any questions! J
Don't Forget to Vote for QVE!
Vote for your top idea to innovate Texas education
FINALISTS ARE FROM THE FOLLOWING SCHOOLS/DISTRICTS:
Northwest Independent School District, Klein Collins HS & Dallas ISD, South Texas College, Eastside Memorial High School, Claudia Taylor "Lady Bird" High School, Meridian School, Woodrow Wilson HS Academy of Engineering, town of Friendswood (retired), Fort Bend ISD, Dallas Baptist University
TO VOTE for your favorite idea: Click here
Anyone can vote for their favorite Rather Prize idea
Please vote only once, per person, per day.
You may also vote on Twitter by using #RatherPrizeIdea with your preferred idea number (e.g. #RatherPrizeIdea11)
If you would like to vote via email, please indicate your selection in an email to email@example.com
The prize is open to teachers, students, and those who recently attended a Texas educational institution within the last three years. The Rather Prize offers the winner a ten thousand dollar ($10,000) educational award to the best idea to improve Texas education.