Young Europe - Rethinking Democracy
Call for an Expert (politician, historian, professor, etc)
25 years „Fall of the Iron Curtain in Europe“
Young people from all over Europe create a vision for the future of democracy!
A train journey from Berlin via Vienna to Prague and back!
ABOUT THE PROJECT
What would young people take on the streets? What needs to be changed to increase participation and involvement? Which role do young people wish to take in the process of designing the democratic life in Europe?
The 112 young people of all EU member states will board the train with the 28 group leader, 28 experts and the organisational team. On board, two group leaders or experts from different countries, together with experts in creative fields, such as stop motion film or radio, will conduct one of the approximately 14 creative workshops.
The workshops will deal with the project’s objectives via creative methods. The respective creative medium (e.g. radio, video) is only vehicle to convey the message and not the message itself. Thus, the creative methods are intended to support the content-related work. The group leaders of each country will lead the workshops in cooperation with the experts and an artist content-wise in pairs.
Aims of project
- Developing European consciousness
- Shaping a democracy understanding through directed involvement engagement in democracy during workshops
- Creating an atmosphere of constructive debate
- Strengthening political consciousness, developing solutions and acquainting with political processes
- Increasing tolerance through joint involvement of young people with different cultural backgrounds
Activity: train journey 27th September - 1st October 2014 Berlin – Vienna – Prague – Berlin
Follow-up (declaration / conference): 3rd – 6th November 2014 in Magdeburg and Berlin
Food and accommodation will be covered 100%. Travel for the youth event will be covered 100% if the costs are below 300€.
PROFILE & ROLE OF AN EXPERT
- a temporal witness of the events around the Fall of the Iron Curtain, politician, historian, professor, political scientist, sociologist, etc. of any age
- speaking fluent English
- role: active participation in workshops and sharing experiences.
Send your CV and Motivation Letter until 12th August at email@example.com.
Priority will be given to experts from the region of Murcia.