Assessments for Learning
* clarifying, understanding and sharing learning intentions
* engineering effective classroom discussions, tasks, and activities that elicit evidence
* providing feedback that moves learners forward
* activating students as learning resources for one another
* activating students as owners of their own learning
Formative and Summative
Observing students during their interactions with other students.
Asking open-ended questions during group discussion or during small group.
In the beginning of the year, we use the Dial 4 to evaluate the developmental level of each student.
We periodically, at three checkpoints evaluate the students and have a parent conference.
It is important to use both formative and summative assessments when providing the best quality care for all students. These assessments will provide the teacher with valuable information on the developmental status of individuals.