Cordelia Hills Staff Update
Glows and Grows
Grows: I stopped by a few collabs this week and walked by a few more. I will make a point to try to make it into the rest of the collab meetings. I think these two questions/thoughts from last week are still applicable based on what I am seeing and hearing from classrooms/grade levels.
1. How is formative data driving your instruction? Your grade level collaboration? How often do you collect formative data?
2. Do you use genre charts to guide your work with reading and writing?
1/22: Great Kindness Challenge Week, Cindy Brown Monthly Visit
1/24: Spelling Bee @ 8:30 a.m.; Trotter @ Board Meeting (evening)
1/25: ELAC meeting, 8:30, cafeteria
2/1: Progress Reports due to admin (we are working on an updated parent communication related to this); Student of the month lunch
2/5: Staff meeting, PBIS Intervention Team Meeting, EdEquity Visit
2/6: Trotter @ Expulsion Panel 9:00 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. at Sullivan
2/7: School Site Council @ 4:30, library
2/11 and 2/18 : No School
2/12 and 2/13: Emergency Preparedness for Grades 3-5 (both days)
2/22: Open Upon A Time (Daughters Dance)
Remember, we want to practice mindfulness with our students (everyday)! If you aren't using Inner Explorer, email me and I will send you a new log-in. Here are some other cool mindfulness links that are kid friendly:
New Link: Stop, Breathe, and Think Video
http://www.justmindfulness.com/ , kid friendly hip hop music with a mindful message.
http://www.mindfulartssf.org/puppy-mind/, kid friendly art and mindful activities.
MAP Testing Coming up
A few important notes from assessment operations:
· Students will have ONE opportunity to test in Reading and mathematics. They will no longer be able to retest. This will help keep testing to a minimum. It is critical that you proctor and monitor the students closely so that you can be sure students gave their best effort so that accurate data is measured on where students are in their learning. In addition, the system will prompt the proctor letting them know if a student is "rapid guessing".
· Equity for All - Accessibility & Accommodations - Removing Barriers - Be sure to look at the available supports. Here is the link to see what is available in MAP
· To turn on Text-To-Speech - Simply turn the Chromebook on and click on "Ctrl Alt Z and this will turn on the ChromeVox spoken feedback feature. Then open the MAP APP and the screen content will be read aloud. Students will need earbuds.
Here are the test names for each assessment by grade level.
PLEASE BE SURE TO SELECT THE CORRECT NAME FOR YOUR GRADE LEVEL WHEN SETTING UP YOUR TEST SESSIONS. This will ensure that students do not have the ability to select the incorrect test.
Grades 1 & 2
Growth: Reading K-2 CA 2010
Growth: Math K-2 CA 2010
** Reminder **
Grade 2 take these tests and not the Growth 2-5 tests ***
Growth: Reading 2-5 CA 2010 V2
Growth: Math 2-5 CA 2010
Growth: Reading 6+ CA 2010 V2
Growth: Math 6+ CA 2010
The Help Desk staff is currently operating with two vacant positions so please be patient for a response from them and refer to the step-by-step guide as much as possible before calling 399-5100.