Fashion Designer Project: Vera Wang
By: Talisha Balls 3A
- Born: June 27, 1949 in New York City
- Graduate of The Chapin School. Attended the University of Paris and earned a degree in art history from Sarah Lawrence College.
- Was married to Arthur Becker and have two adopted children together.
- Former figure skater and was also was the senior fashion aditor at Vogue and then design director for Ralph Lauren.
The US Glamour Award for Woman of the Year
Color and Fabrics
- variety of high end couture quality fabrics.
- She often uses medium weight silk faille
- tons of heavy silk duchess satin in earth tones.
- neutral colored
- light weight silk gazar and organza
- The color palette of the Classic Collection features traditional shades such as white, ivory, grey, brown and nude.
Silhouettes and Styles
- Vera Wang Silhouette is crafted of highly polished 18/10 stainless steel giving a natural feel to hold and a perfect partner for any china or dinnerware.
- Poetic drapery, eloquent details and a pronounced silhouette mark Vera Wang's wedding gowns with an undeniable allure
- Simply Vera Wang:a hint of mystery: A moody color palette and romantic floral prints set the stage for the season.
These bridal gowns are what Vera Wang is famous for.(Known for balancing modern designs with traditional elegance.)