Your Dinner and Dessert (Assignment Choice)
Read Tompkin p. 360-391
* Create a Sketchnote about your reading.
* Explore the website about the Daily 5. Add useful information and "free" printouts to your reading resource binder.
* Pin 15 reading/writing workshop ideas to a new Pinterest board titled "Reading & Writing Workshop". Share the URL with Mrs. Jimison for the board.
After reading this chapter, students should be able to:
1. Discuss the ways in which teachers differentiate instruction to meet the needs of all students, including struggling students.
2. Describe the five components of high-quality instruction for struggling readers and writers.
3. Describe effective intervention programs.