The Goshen Gazette
From the Principal - Mr. Graves
Welcome to the 2021-2022 school year! Welcome back to everyone who is retuning to Goshen Lane! I am happy that you will continue to be a part of the Goshen school community. Welcome to everyone who is new to Goshen Lane! If you are coming from Blacklick, Chapelfield, Jefferson, Highpoint, Lincoln, Royal Manor, or a school outside of Gahanna, I am also happy that you are now a part of the Goshen community. You are joining a community where I along with the staff, and parent community are committed to doing our best to inspire, nurture, and empower all students to love learning and to achieve to their fullest potential.
In addition to working with your children, I look forward to working with you. I believe that we are stronger when we work together, and that the best learning for a student occurs when we all work together. It has been written that a rope made of three cords is not easily broken. With the home, the school, and the community working together, our students can stand strong and accomplish many things.
In the coming days and months, I look forward to meeting and working with you. If you want to contact me you may do so by telephone or email. Our school phone number is 614-478-5580. My email is email@example.com. Chances are, during the school day I will not be immediately available, however my goal is to return phone calls and or emails within 24-48 hours.
One of the best ways to become involved with the school is through the PTA. I invite and encourage you to join and to become an active member in our PTA. They too are a dedicated group and work very hard to provide all of the Goshen community with an enjoyable experience. They welcome new participation/members, and would be thrilled for you to join.
One of the more exciting things about beginning a new school year for students (parents as well) is learning who their teacher will be. Teacher assignments should be available for you to view August 9. You will be able to see that information by visiting your parent portal. If you need help accessing the parent portal page click here. To see what supplies are needed for your child's grade level, click this School Supply List 2021-2022 (PDF) link. Lastly, to pay school fees and other items click the following link. https://www2.mypaymentsplus.com/
- For directions on registering for a parent portal click the following link: Parent Portal Registration
- For directions on creating a My Payments Plus account click the following link: My Payments Plus
I trust you are enjoying the last few weeks of summer break and are looking forward to another school year. As you begin to prepare for the return to school below are some important dates to add to your calendar.
Upcoming At Goshen Lane
- August 10: Meet the Teacher Night (5:00-6:30)
- August 12: 1st day of school grades 1-5
- August 12: Kindergarten Assessments (scheduled with teacher)
- August 13: Kindergarten Assessments (scheduled with teacher)
- August 16: Kindergarten Assessments (scheduled with teacher)
- August 16: Kindergarten Meet the Teacher Night (5:00-6:00)
- August 17: Kindergarten Staggered Start (Last Name A-M)
- August 18: Kindergarten Staggered Start (Last Name N-Z)
- August 19: All Kindergarten Begin Class with their assigned teacher