The library in the world.
Created by Maxim Ignatenko 8"B" class
- It’s published in 2005.
- It’s issue 20/2005.
- There are 47 pages in it. The main rubrics are "Language Skills " , "Scholl Theatre", "British Studies ".
- It’s a quality paper.
- You can read about Classrom Activites , Post Factum, Around Russia.
- The information in the newspaper in reliable is Octoder.
- I'd Like to recommend my friends and classmates to read it.
- It is illustrated with pictures and analysis.
- The author of article is Stephen Lapeyrous.
- I've chosen it because it appeals to my experiense and emotions.
- It is amazing facts.
- Some facts impressed me most of all a interesting article and the flower Mak considered a symbol world in Great-Britain.
- I'd like to tell about the article is the newspaper help me write letters.
My favourite article
2. More interesting questions after the text.
3. Unique documents about England and a Europe.
4. Great people.
5. Intriguing headline.
- It's a newspaper very interesting and article in it very unique and it's a newspaper help me in a future.
Visit the Library of Congress at
- Name some of the topics at the Library of Congress?
(Baseball Cards 1887-1914, Baseball Portal, Baseball and Jackie Robinson, Spalding Base Ball Guides 1889-1939, America at Work: America at Leisure 1894-1915, American Variety Stage: Vaudeville and Popular Entertainment 1870-1920, Emile Berliner and the Birth of the Recording Industry, Around the World in the 1890's: Photographs from the World's Transportation Commission, 1894-1896, Genthe Collection, Photocrom Prints)
- What is the name of the biggest library in the world?
- How many miles of bookshelves are in the Library of Congress?
How many pieces of sheet music are at the Library of Congress?
- How much of the Library of Congress’s book and serial collections are in a language other than English?
( There are 1080 book and serial collections are in a language?
- Who is the librarian?
(James Hadley Billington)
The US Congress:
The Congress of the United States is composed of two houses: the Senate and the House of Representatives. The Senate represents the states. Each state is guarantied at least one representative in the House. The remainder are apportioned among the states according to their population. The Senate of US is composed of one hundred members — two being elected from each state.
- The Libray's mission is to support the Congess in fultilling its constitutional dutes and to further the progress of knowledge and creativity for the benefit of the American people.
Library of Alexandria
- Perhaps the most famous library of that early day was at Alexandria. It was founded by Ptolomy I. Ptolomy ordered the librarians to collect all Greek texts as well as manuscripts in other languages from every part of the known world. By the middle of the 1st century BC there were about 700.000 papyrus rolls in the library.
- The library today is a centre for all kinds of communicatons: printed, pictured and even electronically stored. People go to the library to read, listen, search, relax, discuss, learn and think.