How was Helium discovered?
What is Helium used for?
- Helium is mainly used for filling balloons.
- It is also used as a replacement for hydrogen in airships because it it completely nonflammable.
- Helium is used in the medical field for MRI's and breathing assistants for premature infants.
Helium in nature
- When the Earth was created Helium did not exist instead it was found millions of years later in space.
- There is only a fixed amount of Helium on Earth and we are running out because it is so light that the helium seeps through the atmosphere since the planet's formation.
- There are eight isotopes of Helium.
Gray, Theodore. The Elements. New York: Black Dog & Leventhal Publishers, 2009. Print.
"Helium Facts." Soft Schools. Softschools.com, n.d. Web. 18 Dec. 2014. <http://www.softschools.com/facts/periodic_table/helium_facts/178/>.
"Periodic Table of the Elements." Helium. LANS, 2014. Web. 18 Dec. 2014. <http://periodic.lanl.gov/2.shtml>.
Pslawinski. "Helium." Wikipedia. Wikimedia Foundation inc, 2005. Web. 18 Dec. 2014. <http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:HeTube.jpg>.