Resources for Parents & Caregivers
from your LISD Social Workers
Find us on Twitter for ongoing updates and information! @LISDsocialwork
Due to exciting interest in our Parent Cafés, they are currently full! This is a great way to have meaningful, guided conversations about what matters most in our families. We are excited to expand this opportunity next year! Look for information and sign up links here in the 2021-2022 school year.
Be looking for registration forms for next school year!
Heart of the City Ministry Mobile Food Pantry
New Beginnings is partnering with the Heart of the City Ministry to provide food assistance to its neighbors in Lewisville.
- 1st and 3rd Saturdays of every month at 1707 Walnut Street from 9am to 11am
- 2nd and 4th Saturdays of every month at 1569 W. Main St. (directly behind Fitness Connection) from 10am to 12pm (weather conditions permitting)
- Initial on site registration for program participation only will be required (No ID needed). Information will be kept confidential.
- Food will be provided based on family size
- Social distancing protocols will be observed
For more information please contact Minister Frank Green via email at email@example.com or (972) 436-8900.
Denton County transportation to vaccine appointments
Denton County, the Denton County Transportation Authority (DCTA) and Span Inc. of Denton County are working together to provide bus transportation to Denton County Public Health (DCPH) vaccination clinics! This means that anyone who has an appointment for a Denton County vaccination clinics and is in need of a ride to Texas Motor Speedway now has free transportation available to them.
Individuals should call DCTA Customer Service at 940-243-0077 as soon as they receive a text, email or phone notification of their vaccination appointment. They will be able to ride a bus nearest to their appointment time at 8 a.m., 10 a.m., noon or 2 p.m. at two locations – the DCTA Downtown Denton Transit Center, 604 E. Hickory St., in Denton or the Hebron Station, 952 Lakeside Circle in Lewisville. All shuttle passengers must be registered and have an appointment for the TMS Vaccination clinic and have proof of appointment (QR code, text or email) ready to show the DCTA shuttle operator.
DCTA will also coordinate with Span Inc. to provide transportation to anyone with special needs or without access to transportation to one of the two DCTA locations.
Heart of the City offers FREE Wifi HotSpots
This can help with job searches, homework, and online communication.
🌐HOTC Headquarters, 2021 N. Mill St., Lewisville (North Lot)
🌐El Camino Church, 425 Purnell St., Lewisville (East Lot)
🌐New Beginnings Church, 1569 W. Main St., Lewisville (East Lot)
🌐Flower Mound First Baptist Church, 1901 Timber Creek Rd., Flower Mound (East Lot)
🌐Grace Community Church, 2525 Forest Vista Dr., Flower Mound (West Lot)
- Beth Ann Beckmann: Elementary Social Worker ᐧ firstname.lastname@example.org ᐧ 469-948-8157
- Heritage, Highland Village, McAuliffe, Flower Mound, Bridlewood, Timbercreek, Prairie Trail, Donald, Bluebonnet, Garden Ridge, Forest Vista, Old Settlers, Liberty, Wellington, Lakeland, Degan, Valley Ridge, Rockbrook, Southridge, Creekside, Lillie Jackson
- Brittany Seal: Elementary Social Worker ᐧ email@example.com ᐧ 469-499-7851
- Indian Creek, Camey, Peter's Colony, Etheridge, Stewart's Creek, BB Owen, Morningside, Homestead, Hicks, Hebron Valley, Polser, Independence, Castle Hills, Coyote Ridge, Lewisville, Central, Mill Street, Parkway, Vickery
- Hollie Wilson: Secondary Social Worker ᐧ firstname.lastname@example.org ᐧ 469-948-8156
- FMHS, FM9, LHS, LHS-K, LHS-H, MHS, MHS9
- Briarhill, Downing, Lamar, Forestwood, McKamy, Shadow Ridge, Huffines, Durham
- Stacy Teague: Secondary Social Worker ᐧ email@example.com
- TCHS, HHS, HHS9, LLC
- Lakeview, Griffin, Killian, Arbor Creek, Creek Valley, DeLay, Hedrick