Family Specialist News
Holly Greenston and Rachel Hicks will be presenting a workshop on Tuesday, February 2 from 3:15-4:15 pm. Sign up today!
Navigating Virtual Learning: Using Gmail With Your Child
Thursday, January 21, 2021
11:00 am - 12:00 pm
Your child has a powerful NEISD communication tool at their fingertips- Gmail! Join us as we walk you through the basics of Gmail and show you how you can educate your child on being better communicators, more independent, and organized in their learning journey.
Empowering Parents - One Tool at a Time.
- Want to stay informed about your children's school assignments, grades, attendance, teacher contacts, schedules, update your information, emergency contacts? Acquire tools that will keep you in the know.
- Parents Chats-Tell me the topic, and I will coach you using researched-based tools that will assist in creating positive outcomes.
Article of the Month
Dates to Remember
- January 21-22 Counselor visits to 8th-grade classrooms to distribute 9th-grade course cards
- Starting January 22- Virtual students may pick up a course card in the attendance office
- January 25th- High School Virtual Course Fair- We will post details on our counselor's page or Ike's webpage as soon as it is provided.
Family Specialist Rachel HIcks
Protecting Students Online - Webinar
Thursday, January 7th
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Protecting Students Online: A Parent's Guide to YouTube Restricted Mode
YouTube is a popular social media platform for today's mobile device users. Did you know YouTube had safety features built in to keep family viewing safe? Come learn how you can use YouTube's Restricted Mode to limit the availability of potentially mature or objectionable content.