SOLANA HIGHLANDS FRIDAY FOCUS
April 19, 2013 (Vol. 14)
- Monday - School Clean Up - Student Council to Lead
- Tuesday - Wear Blue and Green
- Wednesday - Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle
- Thursday - Turn Off the Lights after
- Friday - Walk or Bike to School Day
- Quote of the Week (said by a student prior to Spring Break) - "I wish we didn't have spring break I love school so much!"
- Happy Birthday - Julie Taylor (4/19)
- Thank you to Melinda, Ellen, and Kirsten for presenting at our School Site Council Meeting and showcasing the amazing things that they are doing in the classroom to transform education. Creativity, Collaboration, Communication, and Critical Thinking Abounds! Amazing!
- Mario - For cleaning up after my pancake breakfasts for Ellen's and Felicity's classrooms. Always going the extra mile.
- Special Visitors - I'm looking forward to showing new Board Member Julie Union and Dr. Lynch our dynamic school. 12:00-2:00 on 4-23.
- Gold Medal Lunch with Principal - Wed. and Thurs. Hollis will place invitations in your boxes.
- Have a great weekend!
Summer Book Club!
If you are interested in participating in reading, Classroom Instruction that Works - Research Based Strategies for Increasing Student Achievement - 2nd Edition, let me know. I will purchase a copy for you. We will also have a school blog, so if you cannot meet you can still participate! It will be fun, low key, and a great way to spend time together and share ideas. More information on our optional Summer Book Club to come.