Human dependence project
the uncontrolled spread of urban development into neighboring regions.
Suburban sprawl is the rapid integration of large car dependent areas to low density rural areas. This is mainly because of how many teenagers and people moving for a job. Most new homeowners and other reasons want to move away from where they have lived for a new approach on their life. This is why it is so rapidly occurring.
Possible topics of discussion
- What are some areas where this has happened locally?
- Does this affect farms or other areas of produce?
- Are any major cities the aftermath of suburban sprawl?
- California - Since 1950 it has been spreading rapidly.
- New York City - Ever since its founding with its location and cultures everyone has wanted to live there.