Family News from the Nest
English Landing Elementary School
Thursday, November 11, 2016
Happy Veterans Day!
What's Happening at the NEST?
Tuesday, November 15, 2016: Career Share for the Guys Day!
Wednesday, November 16, 2016: Fourth Grade Dress Rehearsal (9:50am) in Gym
Thursday, November 17, 2016: Thanksgiving Lunch (RSVSP was due on November 10th)
Thursday, November 17, 2016: Fourth Grade Music Program (7:00pm) in Gym
Friday, November 18, 2016: PTA Popcorn Friday!
Friday, November 18, 2016: Christmas on the River (Parkville) Fifth Grade Choir Performs
Lifetouch Picture Retake Process
To view your child's picture and order prints, please go to the website: mylifetouch.com
The English Landing Picture Day ID: KM986005Q1
Welcome Mr. White!
November Parking Space: Mrs. Sarah Andrews
Home Learning Results for October
Congratulations! Third Grade Eagles SOAR with Home Learning!
Who will WIN in November?
Thank you! We have almost reached our Parent and Teacher Conference GOAL: 100%
English Landing T-Shirt Sales! ($10.00)
Student Survey Results and Comparison
Student Survey Results (Fall, 2016)
Career Share for the Guys Classroom Visits: November 15, 2016
- Scott Simon
- Dan Hensel
- Gerain Sewell
- Richard Collins
- Jeremy Flanagan
- Joe Cavaluzzi
- Jake Smith
- Brent Seymour
- Daren Higerd
- Martin Reinhold
- Channing Boss
- Matthew Costello
*Remember our Career Share for the GALS will take place next semester!
Remaining 2016-2017 Evening Grade Level Music Programs
Fourth Grade: Thursday, November 17, 2016: 7pm “Joust!”
Third Grade: Thursday, December 15, 2016: 7pm “When I Grow Up”
Second Grade: Thursday, February 16, 2017: 7pm “Hats”
First Grade: Thursday, March 9, 2017: 7pm “Squirm”
Kindergarten: Thursday, April 13, 2017: 7pm “Baby Beluga”
2016-2017 Elementary School Hours
8:20am First Bell Rings and Students Go To Grade Level Classroom
8:40am Tardy Bell Rings and School Officially Begins
3:30pm Evening Dismissal
Save the Dates: 2016-2017 Park Hill Elementary Early Release Dates
Park Hill STAR Awards
Park Hill Star Award
Our employees are the reason we are so successful here in the Park Hill School District, and we would like to recognize them for all they do for our students.
That is why we present the Park Hill Star award once a month to a pre-K or elementary teacher, a secondary teacher and a support employee.
Anyone can nominate an employee for this award by using the form below. It asks you to share how your nominee demonstrates our district values of continuous improvement, high expectations, integrity, visionary leadership and student focus. You can also share how your nominee supports the goals in our district’s strategic plan.
Please nominate a Park Hill Star today!
Park Hill Star nomination form
English Landing Elementary School - Building School Improvement Focus Areas
Building Successful Futures - Each Student - Every Day
English Landing Vision
Our vision is that all English Landing students will meet grade level expectations and demonstrate responsible citizenship.
English Landing Values
1. We will embrace a welcoming climate.
2. Safety will be a priority.
3. Students and staff will strive for excellence.
4. We will promote collaboration and community involvement.
5. Our school will model life skills.
6. Diverse cultures will be respected.
7. We will practice positive communication.
8. Our school will encourage leadership.
English Landing Strategic Focus Areas
English Landing 2016-2017 School Improvement Priority Goals
- EL STAR testing results will display reading growth (on track or above) that increases from the current Park Hill MODERATE score (Yellow) to meeting the Park Hill GOAL score (Green) on the 2016-2017 English Landing Balanced Scorecard. (Indicator #7)
- EL Students reporting through semester student surveys My Needs Are Being Met will increase fro 90.4% to 100%. (Indicator #17)
- EL Families will report they are Involved in their Child's Education will increase from displaying the current Park Hill MODERATE score (Yellow) to meeting the Park Hill GOAL score (Green) on the 2016-2017 English Landing Balanced Scorecard. (Indicator #20)