The Pine Run Post
PINE RUN'S NEWSLETTER
August 27, 2021
Aug. 30th - First Day of School for Students
Sept 3rd - Sept. 7th - Labor Day Holiday School Closed
9/8 6:00 Grades 1&2
9/8 6:30 PEN
9/13 6:00 Grades 3&4
9/13 7:00 Grades 5&6
Additional September 2021 School Holidays:
9/7 Rosh Hashanah School Closed
9/16 Yom Kippur School Closed
The Best Part Of My Week Is Seeing Our Techers and Students SMILE!
I will continue to work with our district leaders to provide a safe and engaging learning environment for our students. The health and safety of students and staff remain my top priority. Please reach out if you have any questions. Enjoy this final weekend of summer. We can't wait to see you on Monday.
Device Handout 2021
First Steps for Families:
The first step prior to distribution is to enroll online and pay a usage fee, using MyPaymentsPlus. The usage fee covers the at-home and in-school use of a device, a charger, and insurance for accidental breaks. Elementary students pay $10 a year per child, each year.
What's next? Prior to the device handout you should...
- Visit: https://www.cbsd.org/1to1
- Parent/Guardian and Student will click on and read the 1:1 Handbook.
- Parent/Guardian signs the user agreement and pays* the user fee via MyPaymentsPlus (MPP). Upon submitting the fee and MPP agreement you are confirming that you have reviewed the information with your child.
Devices for in-person students will be handed out in school by their classroom teacher the week of August 31st.
More information will come shortly for online student device pickup.
Read more about our plan and the next steps here: Technology & Innovation / 2021-22 Parent Email (cbsd.org)
New Attendance Reporting Procedures
Please Read Carefully
The Central Bucks School District will be changing the way in which absences are reported, beginning with the start of this upcoming school year on August 30, 2021. The following items are some key points to be aware of.
- Parents and guardians will be able to submit absence requests via the Parent Portal. Parents can request a full day absence, early dismissal, or late arrival.
- Absence requests will be reviewed by School Attendance Staff and approved or denied.
- Requests made using the Parent Portal will also serve as the excuse for the absence. Parents will not be required to submit an excuse either electronic or written.
- Parents and guardians can also still call the school to report an absence, but emails will no longer be accepted.
In addition, when a student is absent from school, but the school did not receive communication from the parent or guardian, the following communication will be sent:
- A text message will be sent midmorning notifying the parent or guardian of the absence
- An email will also be sent at the end of the school day reminding the parent or guardian that the student was marked absent.
Information regarding how to use the Parent Portal to report an absence can be found here.
If you have specific questions please reach out to Mrs. Lofaso at firstname.lastname@example.org
New Pine Run Gear!
To celebrate this monumental occasion we have created a new throwback T-shirt.
Use this link, PR GEAR.pdf (cbsd.org), to view the design and download a copy of the order form. Send your form into school with cash or a check made out to Pine Run HSA in an envelope marked: Gear C/O Jacob/3K, Please place your order by September 17th.
It's Time to Update those Emergency Forms!
A note from our Health Office: Required Health Exams for the 2021-2022 School Year
The State of Pennsylvania requires students in certain grades to have health exams.
- Students entering Kindergarten and all students new to the district-- Dental and Physical Exam
- Students entering Grades 3 and 7--Dental Exam
- Students entering Grade 6 and 11-- Physical Exam
The dental and physical forms can be found at http://www.cbsd.org/Page/904 . The exams must be completed after 9/1/2020. The completed health forms are due to the health office no later than October 15, 2021. You can upload your completed exam forms to your child’s parent portal. Please keep a copy of the health form for your records.
Summer Reading Fun
We are wrapping up our Summer Reading Initiative, LEVEL UP YOUR READING, for all current students in grades K-5.
All students who LEVEL UP their reading by joining one of the challenges will receive a fun participation prize and be featured on the video announcements in September.
To receive a prize bring in proof of participation (i.e. a copy of your reading log, picture of you with a summer quest badge, etc.) when you return to school on August 30th.
Thank you in advance for helping our Pine Run students continue to read and grow this summer!
Adrienne Darreff Reilly
2021-2022 Breakfast and Lunch at Pine Run
The Food and Nutrition Service extended the program that will provide free meals for all students, regardless of income, for the 2021-22 school year.
Students are entitled to one complete reimbursable breakfast per day and one complete reimbursable lunch per day. Any second entrée will be charged to the students’ lunch account.
We encourage all families to put money on their student's account through MySchoolBucks.com as there will be no cash transactions this year in an effort to serve the students as safely and swiftly as possible.
All menus are available to be viewed online up to 2 weeks in advance by visiting cbsd.nutrislice.com.
For information on the Free and Reduced Lunch Program: Click here to access the application and other important information regarding this program.
August & September Lunch Menu
CHIP - Pennsylvania's Children's Health Insurance Program
Young Rembrandts at Pine Run
Before and After Care for 2021-2022 School Year
2021-2022 Before and After School Program Registration Opens the End of June!
Visit CBSD Childcare Program site for more information!
@CBPineRunElem - Click on the button above to follow us on Twitter. Don't miss out on all the great happenings at Pine Run