MGMS Gator News
May 19th, 2023
"We own what we do and GRIT gets us through"
Dr. Collins' Commentary
Next week is the last week of the semester.
- Students should not bring backpacks on early release days
- Students are encouraged to pack a lunch on early release days as cafeteria options will be limited
- Semester exams for high school credit courses and semester exams will follow the schedule below
- Semester exams are not given early
- Students are expected to be in attendance each day
- Monday May 22nd: 7th period exam
- Tuesday May 23rd: 1st period exam & 6th period exam
- Wednesday May 24th: 5th period exam & 4th period exam (early release @ 1:25)
- Thursday May 25th: 2nd period exam & 3rd period exam (early release @ 1:25)
Have a great weekend!
Math update: Requirement for 8th graders to take Algebra
The intended audience for this communication is parents who have students that requested 8th Grade Algebra I and took 7th grade on level math.
Students who wish to register for 8th grade Algebra I AAC, should meet all TEA prerequisites prior to being enrolled. Prerequisites for Algebra I are Grade 8 Math or its equivalent. In FBISD, “the equivalent” is a credit by examination (CBE) or successful completion of 7th grade math AAC. If your child was enrolled in on level 7th grade math for the 2022-23 school year and selected 8th grade Algebra I for the 2023-24 school year, successful complete of the CBE is required. The CBE registration window for the fourth administration is May 8 – May 17, 2023. The CBE Test date is July 12,2023 for Mathematics. Please see your counselor with questions. More information on CBE’s can be found here.
Summer School Information
The following information and link are regarding Summer School 2023:
- Credit Recovery (Remedial) registration begins May 16th and closes June 1st.
- The fees are accepted through Skyward
- Credit Recovery (Remedial) classes are at Elkins HS.
- The classes are Monday - Thursday and from 9:00 a.m. - 2:45 p.m.
Purchase PE Uniforms
GMS Athletic Tickets
Due to limited seating, there is only a student section in the 8th grade gym for volleyball and basketball games.
Access Menus & Lunch Acct
Click here for instructions to login to Skyward to check grades, attendance, etc