Mrs. Rehan's News
November 13th, 2015
READ, READ, READ! Don't forget to put it into your November reading log.
- This month we started the Book It program with Pizza Hut. If your child returns their book log back to school at the end of the month they will get a FREE personal pan pizza!!
Dates To Remember
- November 17th -Book orders due
- November 16th-20th- Healthy Choices Week
- November 24th- Enrichment Day!
- November 25-27th- Thanksgiving Break
This week we learned about the author's central message. Some books require us to dig deeper and figure out what lesson the author wants us to learn! We also compared and contrasted the adventures and experiences of familiar characters. Some authors have characters that have the same type of personality or they are similar to another character in a totally different book!
This week we immersed ourselves in Opinion books. We started the week making lists of things we like and do not like to help form our opinions, then we planned our new books and started writing!
This week in math we created graphs, decomposed numbers through ten, and built numbers on ten frames.
Please work with your student on the following words:
All of quarter one sight words should be reviewed at random times just to make sure they don't forget!
Donations for Gingerbread Festival (December 3rd 6:00 p.m)
- Graham Crackers
- White Icing
- Table Cloths
- Ice cream sugar cones, peppermints, M&M's, Cheerios, Skittles, Dots, Jelly Beans, Candy Canes, etc.
- Anything NUT FREE