Don Tyson School of Innovation - August 17, 2020
Here We Go!
See you soon!
Virtual Innovation Academy - What to Expect
To all our VIA virtual and blended learners K - 12 - we are so excited to have you joining us along with over 3,000 other virtual learners on this great adventure.
During the first week of school, August 24 - August 28, you can expect:
K - 5th grades
- to meet your teacher (on email)
- to practice logging into your device
- to create an "All About me Slideshow"
- practice sending email to your teacher when you need help
- Chromebook care
- share information about your learning coach with your teacher
- to set up your workspace and learning schedule
- to begin fun lessons about school, yourself, your Chromebook and your teacher on Seesaw (K - 2) and Google Classroom (3rd - 5th)
If you need help, please email your grade level advisor.
VIA Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
6th - 12th grades
- to hear from your grade level advisor
- practice email communication
- share a photo of your workspace
- share information about your learning coach
- start to familiarize yourself with Schoology and Edgenuity through tutorials
- login to Clever, Edgenuity, Schoology
If you need help, please email your teacher.
Medication Drop-off Opportunity
Help for HAC
Please update your student's demographic and health information. If you are new to the Springdale School District and recently completed enrollment documents you do NOT need to complete this task.
In Case You Missed It
Bits from our previous newsletters:
- Campus Map/Transportation Map
- Bus Transportation Information - All bus riders 6-12 will ride their assigned bus to their zoned junior high school. A transfer bus will bring them from their zoned junior high to DTSOI and the process is reversed in the afternoon. DTSOI staff will be at the junior high schools during the first week of school to assist your student in the mornings and afternoons.
- Student Schedule Information
- School Supply List
- Face-to-Face Back to School Info Center
- VIA Back to School Info Center
- NWACC tuition is due and can be paid online HERE
Administrative Team Assignments for 2020-2021
- Tom Doppe - Grades 7, 9, & 11
- Amy Harrison - Grades 10 & 12
- Shay Hopper - Virtual Innovation Academy Students
- Aurelian Sennett - Grades 6 & 8