Hera the Goddess of marriage
Made by Emilie
Why did I chose Hera?
I chose Hera because she is a strong independent woman. She has a nice personality. She was a great queen. Hera is a beautiful goddess. Hera is like me be because she is independent. Hera likes the peacock and I to think its a cool bird. Hera and I have many siblings. Her favorite flower is the poppy and my favorite flower is the Poppy.
Hera's symbols are the peacock and the cow.
10 facts about Hera
- Zeus is Hera's brother and husband
- Hera hated zeuses son (from a mortal woman) so much she tried to kill her.
- Hera was the queen of the Olympians.
- Zeus had many affairs derived from ceremonies in which the new sky God "married" various woman.
- Hera is immortal.
- After zeuses affairs Hera was still worshiped as a strong leader.
- At one point Hera was said not to be the queen of the Olympians but Athena was.
- The culture known as "old European" did not fear the aggression of Zeus and Hera.
- It is said that only woman were worshiped for procreation.
- Hera was worshiped all over, the most important temples were consecrated to her.
Hera - The Greek Goddess of Marriage, Childbirth, Families