Stars and Wishes
Stars- For this week! (be looking for more next week and weeks to come!)
1. The March CPT meetings have been great. Thank you for meeting with one another and sharing what you do in your room.
2. The Theme Committee met this week and has some really fun ideas for our last assembly of the year. (date has changed to May 18th)
3. We have about 200 students enrolled in EXPLORE. As long as they come 5 days, we will have earned about 2,000.00 for next year. Keeping encouraging students to enroll for EXPLORE!
4. Nancy and Kristin are doing a dance project with second grade based on their focus group study.
5. LaMesha, Michele and Tessa recently observed a teacher at another school. They are implementing a lot of the structures. Nice job!!
A Wish or two or three:
1. Keep thinking of ways to change your room for next year in order to give students more voice and choice
Definition: Gratitude, the feeling of appreciation or thanks
1. I am married to a wonderful, supportive, caring man.
2. Even though my dad is going through a really tough thing, he remains an inspiration to us all.
3. My mom is such a strong woman. Much stronger than she gives herself credit for.
Friday Feedback Information
There was nothing to report from last week.
40ish Days to Send Post Cards To All Of Your Students
Teacher Appreciate Banquet
Move Files to Google!!
Monday 25th- ELA session 1
Tuesday 26th- ELA session 2 & 3
Wednesday 27th- Math Session 1
Thursday 28th- Math Session 2
Tuesday, April 19 - Communication Arts Session 1
Wednesday, April 20 - Communication Arts Sessions 2 & 3
Thursday, April 21 - Math Session 1
Friday, April 22 - Math Session 2
Monday, May 2:
**ELA Session 1 (estimated testing time 45-80 minutes)
**ELA Session 2 (estimated testing time 25-45 minutes)
**ELA Session 3 (estimated testing time 15-25 minutes) headphones required
Tuesday, May 3:
ELA Session 4 (estimated testing time 60-90 minutes)
**Math Session 1 (estimated testing time 35-50 minutes)
Wednesday, May 4:
**Math Session 2 (estimated testing time 35-50 minutes)
Science Session 1 (estimated testing time 45-55 minutes)
Thursday, May 5:
Science Session 2 (estimated testing time 20-25 minutes)
Science Session 3 (estimated testing time 45-65 minutes)
At A Glance
Things that are coming up and due dates:
Most Improved and Citizenship Award names need to be turned in by April 29th to me. (I have created a google sheet on Canvas---this way specialty teachers will know who everyone picked so they can choose other students if needed)
Let me know if you want to go to the Appreciation Banquet
Give feedback to your Leadership rep by April 4th
Your Growth Plan will need to be finalized in May. (I will give a date later) For now, be finishing up anything you need to in order to complete your Growth Plan. In May, you will need to score yourself at and give evidence of this scoring. You will also fill in the reflection section as well. This is just a heads up for now.
Week of April 4th-8th
4th- Focus Groups- Please bring devices 8:00-8:30
4th- Give Leadership rep feedback by today.
5th- Honor Choir field trip 11:30-5:30-
5th- Leadership 4:00
6th- City Wide PTA- Teri possibly gone
6th- Dr. Jungmann visit 10:30
7th- K Prep 6:00
Calendar for April
11th- CPT 2nd 2:30- Last one
12th- CPT 5, 9:15- 4th- 10:15, K- 11:45- Last one
13th- Principal's Meeting- Teri gone AM
14th- PTA Planning 6:00
15th- No Students- Reflection Day for next year.
19th- Faculty meeting 4:00
19th- 5th Grade to cardinals
19th- Warrior Sports Night 5:30-7:30
20th- Eagles Storytime 10:30
21st- PTA General- Art Kindergarten- In Gym
22nd- Earth Day Trash Clean Up- 2:45-3:15
25th- Book Fair All Week!!!
25th- Mann Huddle
25th- Carver Night for 5th grade 6:00
25th- Please turn in Most Improved and Citizenship awards by this Friday- Google Doc on Canvas. Two for each---specialty teachers as well.
27th- 4th Grade to Cardinals- 9:30-1:00
27th- CPT 3rd grade 10:15- Last CPT
27th- Spirit Day- Team Wear
28th- SPLS- Teri Gone
29th- CPT first grade-1:15- Last CPT
29th- Post's class to Gray Campbell- All Day
29th- Spring Carnival 5:00-7:00
29th- Citizenship and Most Improved need to be entered on the GOOGLE DOC on Canvas by the end of the day today.
Duties for April 4th-8th
Front Sidewalk Duty: Wamsher
Car- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday- Sweet/Wednesday and Friday- Smith
Load- L. Johnson
Parking Lot Exit-Monday, Tuesday, Thursday Pheonix/Wednesday and Friday- Maxwell
GRADE LEVEL/DEPARTMENT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE MARCH ASSEMBLY:
March- Kindergarten is Responsible
April- 3rd Grade Responsible
May- THEME COMMITTEE RESPONSIBLE
HAVE NAMES READY FOR THE MANN HUDDLE BY THIS DATE:
Have 2 Brag Tag names and 1 MVP ready for the assembly on the 29th
MVP LUNCHEON DATE FOR THIS MONTH’S MVPS
March 15th- Please send home the MVP letter with your student. They are located on Canvas.
For the March MVPs the luncheon is April 12th
Collaborative Planning Meetings
INFORMATION NEEDED FOR THIS MONTH:
Be prepared to tell me the following:
1. What was your best moment this year?
2. After hearing some of the changes coming for next year, what are your goals for next year school year? (CDC report by Hannah and Brad, Canvas, Google Docs, PBL, Choice Seating, Flexible scheduling, Centers/Stations/Rounds etc.....)
3. Where do you feel you did your best learning and what did you take away from it? (Observations of other teachers, Focus Group, workshops, etc.....)
4. What are your three "Gratitudes"------
5. Any other you would like to share at our last CPT.
General PTA MEETINGS
All musical meetings will be held at LIFE 360 at 6:30
April 21st Art- Kindergarten 6:30- in the gym
LEADERSHIP TEAM INFORMATION:
Reps for each grade level:
K/1 – Johnson, L. 2/3 – Hoos 4/5 – Iman SPD/SPC – Feistner
Please always give this information:
A solution to any suggestions or concerns
If there is ever anything you feel should come to the Leadership team and it has not been covered, please let your rep or me know.
April 5th- Please give information to your rep by April 1st
On April 15th we will have our last PL day. This is the day we reflect on the year and decide what we want to keep, change or add for the next year. Please give your ideas to your rep as to what you would like to see for next year:
2. Focus Groups- Do you like the way we have done them this year? If not, what suggestions do you have?
3. Collaborating (how specialty teachers can connect with reg.ed/sped, other collaborating ideas within your grade level teams, with me, or any other ideas
4. PL for next year. What are your thoughts on our focus
5. Give your recognition ideas to your rep.
6. Currently, we have the Leadership rep to give feedback monthly and the Friday Feedback to me weekly. What are your thoughts on this? Is there another way you would rather give feedback?
7. Any "other"I did not mention.
The second Tuesday of the month is the MVP luncheon-(except March- It will be on the 15TH due to Spring Break)
The third Tuesday of every month is faculty meeting. Not all will be seated. Some will be on Canvas.
The third Tuesday of every month is PTA executive meetings- Teri Gone
The first Tuesday of every month is Leadership- please send feedback with your rep.
The first Wednesday of every month is PTA Teri usually gone. AM
The second Wednesday of every month is Principal Meeting- Teri gone
Remember to fill out field trip forms, check the master calendar and tell the cafeteria if you are not eating at school that day. Also, new this year, all end of year field trips MUST be scheduled by April 1st.
Good To Know- anticipated employee high absence days
For the 2015-2016 school year, we anticipate heavy employee absences on the dates listed below. Historically, Kelly Services has had a difficult time filling absences with substitutes on these dates. If possible and if an event hasn’t already been scheduled, we’d appreciate any effort you might make to avoid scheduling events on these days. Also, it would be extremely helpful if we can ask teachers to avoid Fridays for Assessment Testing. This made a huge difference last year! Beyond these, please take into consideration these high absence days:
· Friday, May 5th – SPS Graduation
· Friday, May 6th – SPS and Evangel Graduation
· Friday, May 13th – MSU and Drury Graduation
Birthdays and Recognition Days
ALL OF THIS HAS BEEN UPDATED ON CANVAS. Please make sure you know when you are responsible for your day or month.
Special Recognition Days: Counselor Day 3rd-Kindergarten Responsible
April Birthdays: Cat, Stacy and Teri- Responsible for celebration
Meg Horne 4/27