The Pride's Chronicle
What's Roaring in the Pride
Welcome to November! I hope you all had a restful fall break! I really enjoyed seeing you all at parent conferences last month also. Thank you for supporting your child's education. Here's a look at the wonderful things we have done over the past few weeks.
- The DASH: Thank you for supporting our fund raiser. The kids had fun running their laps in support of future playground equipment. Pledges are due Friday, Nov.14.
- Storybook Parade was a blast once again here at Barrow. Thanks so much for supporting this tradition.
- Thank you for coming to Student Led conferences. I enjoyed seeing you all again and discussing your child's progress.
- Talullah Gorge: Our 1st field trip was a success! Thank you to Mr. Walters and Mr. Richardson for chaperoning. Our next field trip will be in December. Look for details soon.
- Author Study: Our 1st author study is complete. We learned facts about Japan, Allen Say's childhood and compared and contrasted 3 of his books.
- New Tools: We learned about some new technologies such as Wandoo Reader and Pupper Pals (on our iPads).
- Benchmark assessments: Benchmarks will be administered this week and part of next week. As always, please make sure your child gets a good night's rest and a balanced breakfast to help them do their best.
- PTA Meeting: Our next PTA meeting is Tuesday, Nov. 11th at 5:30.
- Progress Reports will come home Monday, November 17th.
- PACT = Folktale Feast: Our next PACT (parents and children together) will be Thursday, November 20th from 12:30-1:30 in our room. On this day we will read a familiar folktale and share a meal together. For those of you that can and will please sign up to bring a dish to our feast. Look in the Monday folder (and/or your email) to sign up to bring a dish. Thank you.
- Click the following link for more information. www.SignUpGenius.com/go/508084EAFAE23A13-folktale
- Thanksgiving Break is November 24th-28th.
- ELA: Reading = Folktales and Nonfiction, Writing = Scripts and Informational text
- Math: Multiplication and Division
- Science: Habitats of Georgia
As always my door is always open to you! Until Next Time; ~ J. Spurgeon