Ms. Larrabee's 1st Grade Class!
The Buzz This Week (5/9 - 5/13)
Writing: The students are continuing to write book reviews/ reports this week. We've been critiquing examples, writing reviews as a whole class and writing reviews individually.
Reading: A lot of reading will be end of the year grade card assessments this week. We'll read and review fiction and non-fiction characteristics.
Word Work: The new sight words we'll be practicing include: giant, knives, around, forest, once. We're taking a break from vocabulary studies this week as we'll be too busy assessing.
Science: We had a great time at the St. Louis Zoo last week! This week, we'll be learning about reptiles, amphibians and birds. The students are also picking an animal they would like to conduct research on to learn more about and create a project (power point, nonfiction book, poster, etc) to present to the class next week!
Math:We'll start the week reviewing and practicing telling, writing and making time on analog and digital clocks. We'll end the week reviewing two-digit addition and subtraction.
"Buzz Worthy" Things to look out for...
- The final PTO meeting of the school year will be held Tuesday, May 10th.
- The Spring Book Fair begins Tuesday, May 10th and ends Thursday, May 12th.
- The Spring Fun Run is Friday, May 13th at 9:00 a.m.
- The Keysor Pride Assemblies are Tuesday, May 24th and Wednesday, May 25th. A registration form was sent home last week. You must register by this Friday in order for your child to participate, if they choose to do so.
- The Kirkwood Public Library summer reading program begins May 21st. If you would like more information, please email me and I'll send you the flyer!