The Paw Print
Bi-Monthly Principal Newsletter ~ Week of February 7th
We are nearing the end of Trimester 2, if you can believe it! This week with our hot temps, it will feel a lot like spring heading into summer. Our sixth grade students headed up to Outdoor Ed camp this morning and we're excited about the week ahead for them!
Parents, I want to take a moment to thank you for continuing to be so supportive of our school and staff. Your partnership and collaboration plays an instrumental part in your child's success in school and we all certainly make a fantastic team! We have such a wonderful school community here at Brookhaven and it is very observable with every visit to the classroom, lunch tables, playground, PE class, etc. as I walk around campus and check in on students and staff. Our students are growing and thriving and though the pandemic has been challenging and social skills are being taught and retaught, I see our students continuing to thrive, grow and be part of our strong school community. Thank you for your partnership!
As a reminder, the next two Monday's are holidays and non-student days. Friday, March 4th will be a minimum day as it marks the end of Trimester 2.
Annual PYLUSD Stakeholder Survey
The survey window opens this Tuesday, February 8 and will remain open through Friday, February 25. Parents will be emailed a link directly from the district and asked to complete one survey for each student in attendance. Please take a few minutes to complete the survey when you receive the link.
Students in grades 3 and 5 will participate in the survey during their computer lab time while at school. If you would like to preview the student survey prior to your student taking it, we have a copy available for review in the office.
Thank you in advance for your participation in completing the survey. As always, I highly value your feedback and input!
Upcoming Events and Calendar
- Feb 7th-11th - 6th Gr. Outdoor Ed Camp
- Feb. 11th - Class Valentine Parties
- Feb. 14th - No School, Lincoln's Birthday
- Feb. 21st - No School, President's Holiday
- March 4th - MINIMUM DAY, End of Trimester 2
Child Care Registration for the 2022-23 School Year
School Choice Applications
If you currently have a Choice Transfer to Brookhaven, it will take you all the way through eighth grade at Tuffree MS. You do not need to reapply yearly.
PCR Test Process
**If your child takes a school PCR test, please return it to school by 1 pm the next day for the daily pick up. These tests are being picked up daily to be sent to the lab for results.
Some Fun Pictures!
Off to Camp!
Brookhaven PTA News
We continue to thank our PTA Board and ALL our parent volunteers that make our school such a great place for our kids to learn and grow!
- We have a few Board positions open for the upcoming 2022-23 school year, including Board President, Treasurer, Reflections Coordinator, Yearbook, Family Nights and Funky Friday. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com if you're interested or have questions.
- Please click here to join our fabulous PTA! Brookhaven PTA membership is open to everyone ~ students, parents, grandparents, alumni and supporters. Your membership helps fund school assemblies, book fairs, field trip transportation, classroom supplies, library books and more!
We are very fortunate to have a dedicated, hardworking and generous PTA at Brookhaven! We have PTA President this year, Mrs. Traci Larson! If you are interested in being a part of our PTA and committees throughout the year, please get in touch with Traci here: firstname.lastname@example.org
Attendance and Health Reminders
- School starts at 7:50 each day and students are expected to be on their assigned playground by 7:45 am. We close the gates promptly at 7:50 am each day. Students arriving after that time will need to go through the office to check in prior to going to their classroom and will be marked tardy. Please plan accordingly each morning to ensure that students arrive on time, no later than 7:45 am, ready to learn. As a reminder, the gates open at 7:35 each morning.
- Students should have all of the materials necessary for each day including homework, lunches, water bottles and, if applicable, their musical instrument. Students are learning about responsibility and accountability when it comes to these items, so we encourage parents to NOT drop off forgotten items. All students are able to receive a school lunch for free; they just need to order one with the daily lunch count. If homework or instruments are forgotten, it is a valuable lesson learned for students that, typically, doesn't happen again.
- If your child is sick or has symptoms of Covid, they should not attend school
- You must call the school attendance line to report all absences
- Please leave specific details of your child's symptoms and we'll notify you of their return date
- Please review the Student Symptom Tree to help guide you with questions regarding Covid symptoms and next steps
Thank you for wearing your mask each time you enter the school office or any school building. We appreciate everyone's diligence in completing the daily "Shared Responsibility" in checking for symptoms and keeping students home when they are ill. Together we'll make it through the year in keeping everyone healthy and well. Being back together in person is so wonderful!
On-Going Mitigating Measures
- Shared Responsibility Symptom Screening should be done daily prior to the arrival of school. If your child has COVID symptoms, they must stay home.
- Everyone will wear a mask indoors, regardless of vaccination status. Masks are optional outdoors.
- Handwashing stations are located around campus and hand sanitizer is located at the entrance of every classroom.
- Good hygiene habits will be taught and encouraged.
Helpful and Important Links
Online Data Confirmation ~ This MUST be updated for all students.