Google Docs - Suggest Edits
WHPS Tech Tip
You can suggest changes to a document without changing the original text. If the owner approves your suggestions, they replace the original text.
Suggest changes to a file
- On your computer, open a document at docs.google.com. In the top right, if you don’t see "Suggesting," click Editing Suggesting. If you don’t see this option, ask the file owner to let you suggest changes.
- Edit the document.You’ll see your change in a new color. Anything you delete will be crossed out.
- To add more detail, click your suggestion and type a comment. Then click Reply.
- The owner of the file will get an email about your suggestions and can decide whether to keep them.
Learn how to add a comment to Google Docs, Sheets, or Slides.
Accept or reject all suggestions:
- On your computer, open a document at docs.google.com.
- Click Tools > Review suggested edits.
- A box will appear in the top right.
- To preview what your document will look like with or without the changes, click the Down arrow and choose an option.
- Click Accept all or Reject all.