The Career Insider
Volume IV, Issue 4
Week of February 2, 2016
In This Week's Career Insider Issue...
- Meet-Ups This Week
- National Instruments Information Session - February 2nd
- Peace Corps Information Session - February 2nd
- HACU Information Session - February 10th!
- Accounting Career Fair - February 11th!
- Job Fair Prep Party - February 17th!
- Spring Job & Internship Fair - February 25th!
- Blogs from The Hilltop Scoop
- Hot Jobs!
- Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas Hiring for Summer Interns and Full Time Hires!
- Career Accelerator Information
- Need a LinkedIn Photo - Schedule it with Us!
- Resume Drop Off Service Resumes Monday!
- Get Connected!
February 2016 Meet-Ups
Meet-Ups Happening this Week at 3 pm in the Meet-Up Lounge in Moody Hall 134
Searching for an internship can be really challenging, especially if you don’t know where to start. Maximize your opportunities by learning the most effective job-searching strategies, tips and tricks.
Wednesday, February 3rd - Creating a Resume
Learn how to write an effective resume and cover letter that will make employers want to learn more about you and your experience. Whether this is your first time developing a professional resume and cover letter or you are trying to update an older version, this workshop will provide you with great tips, tricks and reminders that will help you develop polished professional materials.
Thursday, February 4th - Learning How to Network
Learn the do's and don't's of networking and the importance of establishing professional relationships to help you in your career.
The Mobile Career Center - Monday - 2nd Floor Ragsdale Lobby
Job Fair Prep Party!
The Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas will interviewing students on-campus on Thursday, February 11 for their full-time Management Development Professional program (December 2015 graduates and upcoming May 2016 graduates are eligible to apply) and their Summer 2016 Internship Program. These career opportunities are excellent for many majors including Accounting, Business Administration, Business Management, Computer Science, Digital Media Management, Economics, Marketing and Finance majors.
To request an interview, please follow these steps by Wednesday, February 3:
1. Learn more about their Federal Reserve Board by researching their website
2. Login into Hilltop Careers and upload the resume you want the Federal Reserve Bank recruiter to review.
4. To request an interview, click Request Interview above the postings you would like to request an interview for and follow the remaining prompts.
For additional questions about the Federal Reserve Bank On-Campus interviews, please contact Andrew Harper, Manager of Employer Relations in Career and Professional Development, at 512.448.8530 or email@example.com.
Career Accelerator Information for Students
- Develop an effective cover letter and resume
- Interview competitively
- Connect with high-profile companies and organizations
Participant applications will be available in February. For all general inquiries, please contact Adrian D. Ramirez (firstname.lastname@example.org).