Thompson Crossing News
September 2, 2016
Happy Friday, Thompson Crossing Families! We hope you enjoy this long holiday weekend!
FRONT OFFICE INFORMATION
Please review a few important front office policies.
· We do our best to keep classroom disruptions to a minimum. If your child forgets an item and you bring it in, we will ask that you leave the item with the front office staff so it can be delivered at an appropriate time.
· If there is a change in transportation for students at the end of the day, we must be notified by a Parent/Guardian before 2:00pm.
· Students should not bring toys, trading cards or electronic devices to school such as: IPads, game boys, iPods, video games or recess toys, unless a teacher specifically requests the students to bring them. If a student needs to bring a cell phone for safety purposes, the phone must be turned off on school property AND bus and cannot be turned on during the school day or on the bus. The school will not be responsible for lost items. Laser lights and electronic-trick items are forbidden at school or on the bus. This policy is on page 5 of the student handbook.
· When having lunch with your student in the cafeteria please remember to only have your child sit with you at the family table and do not allow your student to invite another student unless they are a sibling. We like to keep the table open for other families.
· All visitors must have a photo ID to enter the building.
• Just a reminder: School Board policy 5200 regarding appointments. – Parents are encouraged to schedule medical, dental, and other necessary appointments other than during school hours. When appointments are necessary during the school day, the student shall report back to school immediately after the appointment with a signed statement from the doctor, dentist, etc.
ATTENTION! If your child is in need of school required immunizations please schedule an appointment TODAY or provide your school with an updated record ASAP! Be advised that if your child's immunizations are not up to date or an appointment date is not scheduled and provided your student will be excluded from school beginning Tuesday, October 25th! If you have any questions please contact your school nurse.
Attendance Line –If your child is going to be absent, please call our attendance line at 860-4678 by 9:15am. Our attendance clerk will check the line daily to record absences. If you need to leave a personal message for your child’s teacher and/or request homework, please call the teacher’s voice mail number.
· Review the Franklin Township policies and procedures for absences on p. 2-3 in the student handbook. We appreciate your cooperation.
AM Unloading Time: 8:40-8:50 am
PM Dismissal Time: 3:50 PM (3:20 PM Wed)
Pick-Up: 3:50-4:00 (3:20 PM-3:30 PM Wed)
STUDENTS ARE NOT TO ARRIVE AT SCHOOL BEFORE 8:40 AM
ADULT SUPERVISION IS NOT AVAILABLE UNTIL 8:40 AM
**Any student arriving after 8:50 AM MUST have an adult walk them in and sign them in at the front office.
Mid-Terms are out today for grades 2-5 (all subjects but Social Studies and Science)! Be sure to login to Infinite Campus to review your students mid-term grades. There will not be paper copies going home. If you are in need of an Infinite Campus password or login, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Below are a few images of the screens you'll need to complete as a helpful guide.
BACKGROUND CHECKS AND VISITOR REGISTRATION
WE LOVE OUR STUDENTS. THEIR SAFETY IS IMPORTANT TO US. PLEASE REMEMBER TO BE PREPARED TO STOP AND SHOW ID WHEN VISITING OUR SCHOOL.
WE HAVE RECEIVED A NEW VISITOR SIGN IN SYSTEM. THIS WILL REQUIRE ALL VISITORS TO HAVE AN IDENTIFICATION CARD THAT CAN BE SCANNED AT THE FRONT DESK.
Did you know you can now pre-register with us before coming to the school to visit? This saves you time at the reception desk checking in and helps us prepare for our visitors each day. We would encourage you to pre-register before you volunteer daily AND before coming to the class parties. Remember, you must have a current, approved background check on file in order to volunteer within the school, attend class parties or attend field trips.
Below is the link to pre-register. Thank you for helping us keep our kids safe.
See the letter below from Dr. Flora J. Reichanadter regarding background checks:
Student Council Representatives were announced this week. The student council here at Thompson Crossing consists of elected representatives for each 4th and 5th Grade classroom. Our 2016-2017 Representatives are as follows:
Congratulations and we look forward to working together throughout the 2016/2017 school year!
PBIS Party Celebrating the Character Trait RESPECT...
Each month, the Thompson Crossing Eagles work to focus on building different character traits. For the month of August, the Eagles have been focused on the character trait respect. Representatives were selected from each classroom who demonstrated outstanding levels of respect and were awarded a certificate and an ice cream party. We are so proud!
Mark Your Calendars...
DATES TO KNOW:
September 2 Midterms Posted
September 2 TEAM Time @ 2:55pm
September 5 LABOR DAY NO SCHOOL
September 6 Fundraiser Ends
September 7 Bus Driver Appreciation Day 3:20pm Early Dismissal
September 8 Fundraiser Orders Due with Money for Orders
PTC Meeting @ 6:30pm
September 12-16 TC Book Fair Week
September 12 Skating Party @ Wheels of Wonder 6-8pm