Panther Weekly News
Cimarron News - May 27, 2021
Log in to Infinite Campus Parent Portal through a web browser, scroll down and select MORE, select "Online Registration," then select "Annual Update." Don't wait! Do your Annual Update today!
FROM BEHIND THE DESK
We made it through an awesome journey together. Thank you for finishing the year with us at Cimarron Middle School. Next fall we will celebrate 40 years! #PantherPRIDE
Quick & Important Notes:
- Math Final: presentation or test tomorrow
- If you need your Chromebook tomorrow charge it and bring your backpack.
- June 7 - 30 - Summer Leap Sign up NOW A few seats are available. See more details below.
- Lanyards and IDs will be collected tomorrow morning for 8th grade and after lunch with 6th & 7th grade
- Chromebooks will be kept over the summer again this year.
- NEW: With the Bond Election passing this month, 6th & 8th graders next year will receive new Chromebooks. Our rising 7th graders received new Chromebooks this year.
- From prior bond election, some elective classrooms will receive new carpet & the roof will finalize replacement this summer.
- Walkthrough SPUD on Saturday, 8/7 from 8a-2p or Tuesday, 8/10 from 4:30-7p, these will be available to the families that submit our July/August utility bills in advance of the 1st schedule release by August 5th at 11:59 a.m.
Kudos, Props, and Thank You
- Families... thank you for supporting Cimarron MS & EPS by choosing to be a Panther! What an incredible journey we are about to complete.
- Young Scholars... I am incredibly grateful for the effort you made to grow academically and socially this spring semester! The growth was impressive. #PantherPRIDE
- Educators... I am grateful, always, for finishing the year with your eyes in the balcony. You did your job. You did your job with grace and compassion in the midst of the unknown. Hold your head high and know you made a significant difference! Thank you for Dreaming BIG!
We may not individually have all the answers, but together we can find all the answers. I appreciate each of your partnerships and collaboration. I look forward to what the future holds for us!
If you have yet to hear it today, you are loved.
“I am not a product of my circumstances. I am a product of my decisions.”
- Stephen Covey
P.S. 8th Grade
- 8th grade social begins tomorrow at 12:03pm with lunch - see details in 8th grade emails from Tuesday. $1 a slice, dessert trucks, and more! (The weather tomorrow looks promising.) MORE Details in Tuesday's email to 8th grade.
- Class of 2025 - T-Shirts & Hoodies were handed out today from the original order. There were a few extra t-shirts names will be drawn Friday for $12.
- 8th grade End of Year Video on Cimarron MS YouTube Channel will go live tomorrow morning: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tN_rv7s8qMQ 8th graders will have the opportunity to watch tomorrow on campus.
- Searching for a Job for the First Time at the age of 14+
Today I had the pleasure of visiting with 20 or so of our young scholars looking for their first job. I'm pleased to say a handful already have a job lined out. We took time during lunch to go through the presentation linked here. I hope it assists you as you begin to contribute to our community and also make a few dollars... Choose wisely.
Cimarron is excited to offer a convenient option for busy families to order school supplies. EduKits include the supplies approved by our school. ORDER BY JUNE 15 FOR BEST PRICING!
June 7 - 30 - Summer Leap Sign up NOW
Come join us for some hands-on fun in June. Cimarron is offering a hands-on learning opportunity for current 6th and 7th graders to improve their understanding of Math, ELA and STEM. We are offering the Summer LEAP Camp from June 7th - 30th, Monday thru Thursday from 9am-12pm. Our Cimarron teachers will use great hands-on activities to help your young scholar LEAP into the next grade. We have a few spots remaining.
Would you like to be placed in our waiting pool for young scholars in the month of June?!
June 7 - 30 - Summer Leap Sign up NOW
Email: Angela.Mattson@edmondschools.net for more details
CPTO NEWS AND DATES TO REMEMBER!
Amazon Smile - Any purchases made from Amazon and Whole Foods can support Cimarron! Be sure that this is turned on not only for your computer but your phone, too! You're also able to share this link with friends and family so they can support CMS as well.
Box Tops for Education - If you buy groceries, you can raise funds for Cimarron! This works even for grocery deliveries!
Please complete our 2021-22 Volunteer Interest Survey. Your time and talents mean the world to our CMS staff and students.
We've added more spirit wear to our online inventory. Place an order and we'll deliver directly to your student at Cimarron.
- May 28 - LAST DAY OF SCHOOL!!
- June 7 - 30 - Summer Leap Sign up NOW
- August 5 - Middle School Information Day
- August 12 - First Day of School!
August 24 - Dine Out @ Chipotle 4-8p
September 24 - Dine Out @ Cowboy Chicken 4-8p
October 12 - Dine Out @ Five Guys Burgers 2p - Close
YOUR ONE-STOP SHOP FOR DIGITAL CONNECTIONS - Infinite Campus, Child Nutrition, Chromebook Troubleshooting, WiFi Needs, AND More!
Panthers, remember the importance of continuing to track Covid related illnesses and report exposures and positive cases to our Cimarron.Attendance@edmondschools.net email address.
Students who are experiencing symptoms can be tested at the Custodial Services testing hub. The hub is walk-in only and operates from 8:30a -3:30p. The hub is set up to provide Telehealth services as well as testing for Covid-19, flu, and strep. As a reminder, be sure to have your ID and proof of insurance should you or a family member need to be tested for Covid, flu, or strep.
Custodial Services Department (612 W. Campbell) 405-726-3325
You may view the latest EPS statistics each Friday afternoon: https://edmondschools.net/news/2020/district-addresses-coronavirus/
ADMINISTRATORS & COUNSELORS
Gabe Schmidt - Lead Principal, 6th Grade
Sarah Dobbs - Principal, 7th Grade
Carrie Higdon - Principal, 8th Grade
Teresa Murray - 6th Gr. Counselor Welcome Video
Leslie Singleton - 7th Gr. Counselor
Nancy McElveen - 8th Gr. & Cimarron VE Counselor
Cimarron’s School Resource Officers: Sgt. Littles & Sgt. Pearson - Welcome Video