Paw Talk: Keys to Excellence
Week of May 16th-May 20th
Principal's Message: A Great Last Week
For this week's Haiku page, the question is: "What great and meaningful activities can you try or incorporate until the last bell on June 10th?" This is a great opportunity to learn and gain ideas from each other. I look forward to reading all the great ideas you have planned!
So Many Great "Happenings" this Week
6th-grade Ancient Civilization projects!
Creativity at it best!
3rd Grade Wednesday Enrichment time focus: Health & Fitness! Teaching the students new games and skills!
-"Thumbs Up" to Robin Urquhart for coordinating our awesome Math Family Night!
-"Thumbs Up" to Yaeko, Idalia, Celeste, Cindi, Janice, Noha, Cynthia, Naomi for setting up such amazing Math stations!
-"Thumbs Up" to our PTA for helping with food and decoration donations for our Staff Appreciation BBQ!
-"Thumbs Up" to Angie for helping with the Staff Appreciation BBQ set up and decorating!
"Thumbs Up" to Margie for putting on another "GROOVY" book fair!
-"Thumbs Up" to Ronell, Lyuba, and Robin for being gracious with their time as our Friday's Admin Designees!
Week at a Glance
American Fidelity Open Enrollment meetings @ Rm. 18-see schedule by mailboxes
Ginna out @ Rogers
8:30-11:30 6th grade field to CMS
1:00 IEP: N. Orellana-Victoria/Gonzalez @ Jessica's office
- American Fidelity Open Enrollment meetings @ Rm. 18-see schedule by mailboxes
- 8:00-10:00 ESL Class
- 8:15 B. Martinez-Connolly @ Ginna's office
- Minimum Day: 12:30 dismissal
- 8:00-10:00 Spanish "Anti-Bullying" presentation @ Rm. 18
- Jump Rope for Heart
- 8:00-8:15 Kinder Jump Rope for Heart @ Blacktop
- 8:15-8:30 1st grade
- 8:30-8:45 2nd grade
- 8:45-9:00 3rd grade
- 9:00-9:15 4th grade
- 9:15-9:30 5th grade
- 9:30-9:45 6th grade
- 9:00-12:00 TOAs out @ collaboration meeting
- 11:15 IEP: S. Sing-Jasso @ Ginna's office
- 12:30-1:15 NEHS meeting
- 12:45-1:45 "Birney Bears" Baby Shower
- 1:30-3:30 OARS Gradebook training @ District IT Computer lab-
- 3:30 Ginna @ District meeting
- 8:00-10:00 ESL Class @ Rm. 18
- 9:00-12:00 Ginna @ District meeting
- 10:00-11:15 PBIS Prize Closet
- 1:00 ELAC meeting
- 2:15 PTA Spring Fiesta Planning meeting @ Rm. 3
- 6:00 Board meeting
- 8:00-1:55 Progress Monitoring Meetings @ Rm. 18
- 8:00-9:00 6th Grade girls Empowerment Assembly @ Cafeteria
- 10:00 Lockdown drill
- If you haven't had a chance to input the names of your Classroom Volunteers for our Volunteer Celebration, please do so on the following link by Wednesday. https://goo.gl/3MqoQy.
- Don't forget...if you would like to request a sub for your End of Year Assessments, please sign up on the following link: https://goo.gl/re2fxQ. You can use this day to do any number of End of Year assessments, such as DRA/BRI, Literacy Survey, DIBELS, etc. Please order your subs early using Code 6. We can order 2 subs per day. Once you sign up for a date, go ahead and order your sub. You do not need to be approved. If all the spots fill up and you still need a date, please let me know and we'll make it happen.
- Just a little reminder from Rosie...mandatory American Fidelity Benefits meetings are this week (5/16 & 5/17). Please refer to your American Fidelity handout that you received for information about the type of documents you need to bring.
- Jump Rope for Heart jumping event Wednesday, May 18th.
Deadlines and Important Dates
- End of Year DRA/BRI assessments to be inputted to our schoolwide reading data Google sheet (https://goo.gl/V7NQCg) by the last day of school. Progress Monitoring students should be completed by Fri., 5/20.
- DIBELS window: 5/9-5/31
- 1st & 2nd grade ELA & Math Benchmark Window: 5/16-6/3
- 1st & 2nd grade Writing Prompt Window: 5/9-6/3
- Kinder Literacy Survey Window: 5/9-5/26
- Kinder Math Benchmark Window: 5/16-6/3
- American Fidelity Open Enrollment & Audit Mandatory meetings: 5/16 & 5/17
- Progress Monitoring Meetings: 5/20
- End of TOA Intervention Groups: Thurs., 5/26
- Teacher Recess Day: 5/27
- Volunteer Celebration: 5/31
- Quarter 4 PBIS Golden Ticket Water Day: 6/2
- Quarter 4 AR Treat: 6/6
- Perfect Attendance Party: 6/7
- 6th Grade Promotion: 6/9
Volunteer Celebration: Tues., May 31st
As a "thank you" to our volunteers, this amazing staff has traditionally donated breakfast items for the event. We are asking for your generous contributions once again. In the staff lounge, you will find a "Volunteer Celebration Food Sign Up." If you are able to donate a breakfast item, please sign up in Room 3. You can contact Jessica, Natalie, or Noha with any other questions you might have. Thank you for your help in making this event a true success.